NOT another JAE 12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank's guys,

Attached is a photo of the paint and finish on the tub. I'm not sure what the actual name is but it's just a dark gray. The finish is poyurethane Formula U which isn't made anymore but I had an old can of it in my work shop. I've found that it holds up well but I always use a spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol to spray the boat down after running. I think the Minwax Green can of polyurethane will work just as well.

I think my next build will probably look a lot closer to a JAE from what I hear about them! :unsure:

Thank's Again,

Don ;)

To Quote Mr Ferrette: "THOU SHALT NOT RACE UGLY BOATS!"

Even if it does add and extra ounce! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice boat as usual Don!

I've got 2 cans of Formula-U and was disappointed when I found out that they no longer make it. It's tough as nails and takes the nitro plus has a decent gloss to it.

The weather is supposed to be nice this week, is it ready to hit the H2O?

Hey, I've got an idea for a JAE kind of 'rigger but with a slight change the I was thinking of trying out. Maybe we'll have to chat sometime and I'll toss it by you.

Nice boat as usual Don!

I've got 2 cans of Formula-U and was disappointed when I found out that they no longer make it. It's tough as nails and takes the nitro plus has a decent gloss to it.

The weather is supposed to be nice this week, is it ready to hit the H2O?

Hey, I've got an idea for a JAE kind of 'rigger but with a slight change the I was thinking of trying out. Maybe we'll have to chat sometime and I'll toss it by you.
You're right Ron! I used the formula U paint only ( no clear coat) on my very first boat in 1976 ( a .67 Wing Ding) with 60% nitro. It wasn't very fast but looked great! :lol:

It would be super to get together and talk design. I love to design .

Don ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don

What rudder are you using..

Thanks

Grim
Hi Grim, long time no talk to!

The same kind I used on the Riptide. A Hughey blade rudder stainless steel with a mount I made. Take a look at the website on my last post. The rear end will be exactly the same!

Still using your tanks!

Don ;)

Back