Newton Plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Anyone know of some one who can convert Newton plans for laser cutting? I have a local guy with a cnc laser cutter but need to find someone to convert them to a cad file for cutting...........

Anyone know of some one who can convert Newton plans for laser cutting? I have a local guy with a cnc laser cutter but need to find someone to convert them to a cad file for cutting...........
Contact Kevin Visconti(spelling)? KNVC-Think he had a set of frames cut out of carbon fibre-looked great!

Glenn

Are you sure you want to do that Mike? Every set of plans I've gotten from Roger's collection needed some of the parts reworked just to get them to work. Unless someone want's to redraw them in Autocad, it might not be worth it. Just a thought and no offence intended to Czar or Miniczar

Are you sure you want to do that Mike? Every set of plans I've gotten from Roger's collection needed some of the parts reworked just to get them to work. Unless someone want's to redraw them in Autocad, it might not be worth it. Just a thought and no offence intended to Czar or Miniczar
Yep your right,after talking to Joe I need to stretch the hull to its limits to make it a modern day runner...... Only a hand full of frames to do so it might not be a bad deal

Yep your right,after talking to Joe I need to stretch the hull to its limits to make it a modern day runner...... Only a hand full of frames to do so it might not be a bad deal
Mike

It is a lot of work and since Roger's plans are hand drawn there are some discrepencies. They can be addressed if you 3D model the parts first but it it takes a lot of time. It is not as simple as scanning them in. I have done a few things with his plans, but the Gypsy plans I used were not Roger's

What ya building?

Cheers

Kevin

ps what hulls does your round nose make? Does it make the Kai?

Mike

It is a lot of work and since Roger's plans are hand drawn there are some discrepencies. They can be addressed if you 3D model the parts first but it it takes a lot of time. It is not as simple as scanning them in. I have done a few things with his plans, but the Gypsy plans I used were not Roger's

What ya building?

Cheers

Kevin

ps what hulls does your round nose make? Does it make the Kai?
With a slight mod to the nose it will do the KAI Big Secret on the new build but it dont have pointy sponsons

Back