New Top Speed 3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure what's up with tower/greatplanes..... had some tamiya paint on b/o for almost 5 months. release date has been changed SEVEN times!! ts2 radio box, 3 months, release date changed twice. radio box seal kits, limited quanities, west coast warehouse only. now the ts3, changed until august :huh: ......... i know with this crappy economy, companies are only stocking what they feel will sell quickly, but ya'll are killing me.

Robin,

How are ya.. truth is that sounds good but its not that way at all..

As many as we can get in is what we will sell. Pre-Orders for this National and World Championship design are really (REALY) stacking up.

Last I heard is we are looking early to mid Aug.. I suspect it will not be far off that quote.. but as it goes the ship could sink!

As for Tamiya we have ZERO control over there shipping schedule. If they say its next week and its 1 year from now we can not control that. Tamiya is not a proprietary brand of Hobbico and tower can only post what they tell em.

ROCKET AND ROLL!

Grim

I have now had an opportunity to make several test sessions with the TS3 with my CMB 21 RS. Other than a different color and the graphics, this is the same boat I have been racing in 20 Mod for the past three years. Here's what I'm running for setup:

1. 5.5 oz of lead - 1 oz. on each sponson tip and 3.5 oz under the cowling chin. This is the same amount I ran on my other boat. However, when the boat is run with a stock engine the amount of lead is more like 3 oz.

2. The C/L of the prop is 1/8" above the sponsons with the boat flat on a setup board.

3. Prop thrust angle is basically neutral.

4. The CMB RS likes small props(at least mine does). I am running a Y536 with a 1/8 notch at the hub and the cup reduced.

The boat I have is one of several production boats sent to AquaCraft for quality control. The running hardware for rigging the boat is typical of what I use. I like the graphics, simple yet striking. The number shield and numbers provided are great. The finish on my boat was excellent. My wife even commented on how nice the boat looked.

JD

BOY O BOY you are about to get it!.. no really.. your about to get them.. first shipment of TS3s came in today.. and they look real nice..

They are shipping today or tomorrow!

Thanks to all involved in the project and all our customers too!

Ya-all ROCK!

Grim

Asked the wife if I could order one and she gave me the do what you want words in the non approving tone..... I better waite for the next shipment..... Tower is already at limited quantities... Go get em boys!!!!!!

Asked the wife if I could order one and she gave me the do what you want words in the non approving tone..... I better waite for the next shipment..... Tower is already at limited quantities... Go get em boys!!!!!!
That's why you don't ask, and pay with cash at your local hobby shop. :)

BOY O BOY you are about to get it!.. no really.. your about to get them.. first shipment of TS3s came in today.. and they look real nice..

Ya-all ROCK!

Grim
According to Towers, it sounds like the colored hulls are painted, not a colored gel coat. Is this true? So, the white boats are just a plain white gel coat? I'd rather paint the boat myself, over a white gel coat, so that I can make repairs match better.

Thanks.

Ya-all ROCK!

Grim
According to Towers, it sounds like the colored hulls are painted, not a colored gel coat. Is this true? So, the white boats are just a plain white gel coat? I'd rather paint the boat myself, over a white gel coat, so that I can make repairs match better.

Thanks.
My red hull painted. I would suspect the white hull is also painted.

JD

That's why you don't ask, and pay with cash at your local hobby shop. :)
Well it appears after the poor performance of my TS2 this weekend my wife decide I need a new hull... So she herself ordered me the new TS3 with next day air for some reason!!! Oh and a Futaba 2.4 bye bye AM futaba system!!!! Gotta love her!!! Can't waite to get the TT on the hull, anyone try this yet???

On another note Tower is out of the white hulls until late september....

not sure what's up with tower/greatplanes..... had some tamiya paint on b/o for almost 5 months. release date has been changed SEVEN times!! ts2 radio box, 3 months, release date changed twice. radio box seal kits, limited quanities, west coast warehouse only. now the ts3, changed until august :huh: ......... i know with this crappy economy, companies are only stocking what they feel will sell quickly, but ya'll are killing me.
checked with my lhs today. when i ordered push rod tube seals, tower showed them in stock on the west coast, now they say mid august, come on guys, literally every single thing i have ordered from tower in the past 5 months is on back order <_< :angry: . have not seen a single thing yet..........i try my damnedest to support my local hobby shop (cuz you can't race on the internet), but this is getting hard to accept.

checked with my lhs today. when i ordered push rod tube seals, tower showed them in stock on the west coast, now they say mid august, come on guys, literally every single thing i have ordered from tower in the past 5 months is on back order <_< :angry: . have not seen a single thing yet..........i try my damnedest to support my local hobby shop (cuz you can't race on the internet), but this is getting hard to accept.

Robin,

Check with Otto, he does more than just Garage fuel. :D :D :D :D

randy, i know i can get seals from john (or 100's of other places), but i have prepaid all my orders & being unemployed doesn't leave much in the way of $ for "toys" :( . my jae will have to sit on the build table & wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
randy, i know i can get seals from john (or 100's of other places), but i have prepaid all my orders & being unemployed doesn't leave much in the way of $ for "toys" :( . my jae will have to sit on the build table & wait.
Understood bro..

Looks like all four colors are back in stock...I have a white one on the way!

I was thinking about going with a K&B 3.5 SS, but decided to order the O.S. 21XM instead. Looking for thoughts on the recommended servos...Futaba 3003 and 3305MG...and anything else I may need that is not listed in the manual.

Tim

Tim,

The manual should have all the info in it for ya.

Both of those servos will work well in that boat.

One thing is get a good set of o rings to hold the tank.. the ones that come with the boat are,, well.. not so great. A set of #64 rubber bands work well too.

Grim

p.s. hey there Billy B Bean Castor. (BBBC). I have no idea where I have heard that before! :blink: :lol:

Well the wife ment well but got me the VS1 so that is on its way back for a TS3.... Thought about keeping the VS1 but decided not to.... As far as the Futaba radio the 3PM well it's super confusing for a old fart like myself at 27.... So I got a radio and no hull...

Tim go to towers web site and read the manual it is available online... I've already read it 3 times!!!

Back