New Style Russian motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ALLAN YUEN

:huh: :huh: I saw on web at Europe. :blink: The new verson 2004 style Russian Kalitratove K-90 changed specail gold carb 50 degree with drum housing, black crankcase and gold double cooling headed. :unsure: I dont know NO Idea!! Maybe Al Hobbs or Andy Brown Know???

Anders_Martinelle said:
It`s german not russian,and it`s not a new engine.He have anodized the engine himself.....

Anders
Anders-

There is one of those K90's in the pics that is VERY different. The drum housing is changed significantly reducing the carb angle in relation to the drum. It's more on front of drum rather than on top. If someone will tell me how to post a pic I'll put it up here as I've already copied it to my pics file.

here's the pic
get.php.jpeg

I'd say old. I think i'd prefer the bigger drum design. If that is the original cooling jacket I'd be even more confident that it is an older one.

I was just informed that the engine is question is the version made for FSRV with the low end needle carb. The small flywheel and dark coloured head date the engine to about 5 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crankshaft has two bearings, steel connecting rods run smoothly with a needle bearing, 5-channel-ABC-group (3+2). This engine can be special-ordered for right-hand rotation. Very competitive with only modest (16%) Nitro-containing fuels.

Technical Details:

Displacement: 15 (0.9 cubic inch)

RPM: 26600

Power: 4.4 kW (6 hp)

Weight 890 g (31 oz)

Recommended Fuel 10% to 16% Nitro

Flyin Rats pic is the new K90 and its probably not made for FSRV racing. K90's are almost never used in FSRV. ( Neither are A90's)

Last edited by a moderator:
For you that don`t know there is a model of the K90 with 0deg angle on the carb also.

Is that new because of that?

Is there someone that can post a pic for me on the net so i can post a link to it...

Anders

Back