New Picco .90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a site yesterday that had all new Picco marine engines on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They better of be back to the boating scene with a real great stuff if they inttend to compete with Mac's or CMB's.

Gill

anthony_marquart said:
I saw a site yesterday that had all new Picco marine engines on it.
87917[/snapback]

Do you have the link to the site Anthony?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both them motors look new to me, That would be Excellent New's as far as I'm

concerned,,,but you would think you would hear more about 'em if they were a

new run. <_< Could be a "marketing ploy" to feed you little "tid bit's"to develope

a "want" for the product,,kinda like car maker's do,,intresting :)

That looks like an internally balenced nightmare. LOL. Nothing more fun than taking the wrist pin clip out of something like that. LOL. I don't know if they gain anyone back after the nightmare they created by not supporting us for this long.

Good point Norm,

Makes me wonder why people still buy K&B.... same deal there for a while.

Tim.

Crankshaft was made like CMB90/100.The Xp was in test when they stopped the whole production .

I'm not blaming Picco once I was one of their distributors in South America for fifteen years but at the end they were completely lost in space.

Fortunetely I have spare parts for my 45EXR Black head that still runs strongly on my saw rigger but like Norm said they will have to start again to confirm a place in the winning circle!

Not only the wrist pins were chewing everything but I had three crankshaft pins blowing three new ABC's in less than six months on my P80EXR. Where were you Mr O'Donnel?

Gill

Gill I own a pile of EXR Picco`s All purchased thru Odonnell..... Odonnell USA Importer Supported the PICCO product as long you Purchased it thru Him.... In the end I believe Odonnell Advised Picco Mfg to Change their Rod Design. Picco has built some 2004 XP90`s. I own 1 of those also... Good 90 Engine W/needle Brg Rod... ;)

Dear Joe

I'm not arguing just let me tell you my reality once Picco is past for us.

For 15 years(1980-1995) Picco was number 1 for most of us and take a look to the number of Picco victories in the r/cboat world.

During that time I represented Picco and took pride to run their products but since the release of the EXR problems started to be a routine with the consecutively changes of parts.. a real mess.

You must remember that spare parts were changed without notice every three months pushing people to buy new engines.

THe very first P45 Exr black head serie is a good example once just 6 months later was substituted by the Blue head with internal mods too.

I spent many U$ in 1999 with a bunch of EXR engines(21-45-67-80-90) more than 40 motors IN USA some from CMD,Rocket city,Al's Hobbs and others ,i.e.,imported by the US distributor,and never had any reply for our failures lot of them during simple break in.

In the other hand I prompltly replaced kits for my customers waiting for the supposed support of O'Donnel...... ;)

Some of the broken parts showing clearly problems in the cast went to him and for months never had any phone call response or e-mail....

So we decided that the broken parts should be send directly to Italy and only then under lot of excuses we had some of them replaced for free and believe me even being replaced many boaters decided to give up on Picco .

There are still few 21 and 45 running competitively in our club but we do know that they will be replaced by CMB or Mac in a near future due to the lack of spare parts.

That's the reason we,more than 30 guys in my district,run Mac's sucessfully since its release without any single failure and easy to know that CMD is committed with mac customers at any time.

Kind regards

Gill

Well maybe I got Lucky??? But I never had a problem with Odonnell`s Support & I purchased several parts & engines thru his dealer & dealt with him directly too. PICCO Will be a part of ( BOAT HISTORY ) if parts are Not Produced Soon..... AS for the changes of engines & parts. Mac & CMB Have made considerable changes in the last 4 years to get to where they are today!!!!!!!! EVO,CAM,NO Bushing, W Bushing, Ramped, NO Ramped,Silver head, Blue Head. AAC,ABC, & Different Port configurations on P/S, Most of this is accepted by the boating industry. & has become Normal........

Anthony

Where is the site !!!! We all want to go to the site and see for our selves..... :unsure:

Butch

try www.teampicco.com

waterbug said:
Anthony
Where is the site !!!!  We all want to go to the site and see for our selves..... :unsure:

Butch

88105[/snapback]

Looks like the same motor in both pics but one has polished cooling head. Hell, I dunno!

waterbug said:
Speedway
I thought that was the defunked site !!!

88107[/snapback]

I maybe a fool easily fooled, but it shure looks like new Picco marine engines to me.... There has been some work on the site since I looked 6 months ago....

Bugster

Latest posts

Back