New MITO 21 Marine Engine COMING SOON!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Novarossi World announced today the availability of the new 21 MITO Top Marine Engine, which is based on the new 21 MITO On-Road 9 Port Engine that has swept several major 1/8 on-road championships all over the world. The shifted carburetor on this latest design grants a better mixture flow inside through the crankases intake. This gives the 21 MITO/M engine an improved fuel efficiency and a better power curve. As with the other Novarossi Top Marine Engines, the initial offering of this engine will be in the standard orientation, 180degree exhaust configuration. I have posted pictures and a link to the parts breakdown below. I will be adding this new engine to the website, along with spare parts later this week, and adding to my next order from Novarossi. If you are interested in ordering this engine right away, send me a PM and I will add you to my pre-order list. Thanks for your support of Novarossi World Class Engines!!!!

5225f2854bc1921798039b0195ac2929_zpsoobpdhph.jpg

548b85ab9726542d0c3ba5065da05bc3_zpscwrs8tnl.jpg

Exploded View

http://www.novarossi.it/2012/images/files/esplosi/top/MITO21-M.pdf

Hey Ron will you be selling the Thor ob kit when they ever become available?

mb

Hey Ron will you be selling the Thor ob kit when they ever become available?

mb
Hey Mike,

That is a great question. I do know that laser costs are high and including a glass cowling gets the costs so high already on laser boat kits, that most of them, including Carl, try to only sell direct. Have you contacted him about purchasing a kit? PM or call me on my cell as I would like to leave this thread for discussions about the new Novarossi engine. Thanks.

Hey Ron,

Any info as to the performance impact from from initial beta tests of the engine and the offset carb? Also any idea if this offset carb configuration will be incorporated into the outboards?

Thanks,

-Mitch

Mitch,

The 1/8 on-road version of the engine has been out for a few months now and has already won several major races. Since the carb is off-set to allow better flow, the intake opening in the crank had to change as well. Because of this fact, it would require a newly designed crank to work on an outboard. I will let you guys know as I get more information if future versions are slated to be released.

Will it come with a marine crank, flywheel?

Brad
Yes Brad. This is the marine version of the MITO so it will include a marine flywheel, cooling cap, and carb. The crank in this configuration rotates the same direction as the 1/8 on-road version. Only the outboard and DD cranks turn in the opposite direction.

Is this more motor than the keep?
Shane, time will tell. The KEEP line of engines were extensively tested and tweaked to create the best 21 marine engine in its class, as has been proven by the race wins and world records it has already achieved. If the 1/8 on-road championship performance to date is any indication, the MITO has the ability, using Novarossi's new flow technology, to do the same on the marine side. Stay tuned....

Last edited by a moderator:
how much of price? Do you know any new NR.67DD ?
Allan,

Pricing will be coming soon. I will have a couple of these engines in my next order and wil be in touch soon on standard and introductory pricing. Novarossi World is working on what we hope to be final changes on the 91 marine engine. Once those changes have been made and tested we will get an update I will provide to everyone. As far as a 67 is concerned, I know this engine is on their radar and hopefully we we know more soon. Thanks.

Good to hear they are working on some bigger engines to add to the line. Competion in maufactors is a good thing for the hobby, but I know us boaters are a minority compared to the airplane and car industry but even the are in competion with electric, but there is still nothing LIKE THE SMELL OF NITRO IN THE MORNING!!!!!! Electric is for people that can't tune an engine.IMO

Thanks for what you and Novarossi do for the hobby!!!

Brad

Good to hear they are working on some bigger engines to add to the line. Competion in maufactors is a good thing for the hobby, but I know us boaters are a minority compared to the airplane and car industry but even the are in competion with electric, but there is still nothing LIKE THE SMELL OF NITRO IN THE MORNING!!!!!! Electric is for people that can't tune an engine.IMO

Thanks for what you and Novarossi do for the hobby!!!

Brad

Brad,

That was a very nice post. Thank you. Yes, we are a much smaller group than the car and plane groups, but hold our own for sure. It will be great for our hobby to truly have a "full-lineup" boat engine manufacturer back in our hobby, with the demise of K&B. Since adding outboards to their lineup and starting the 91 project, Novarossi World Sri is getting closer and closer everyday to making that happen.

BTW, I agree with you....there is nothing like the smell of nitro and the sound of a top notch engine hitting those high RPM's!!!!!!

The MITO 21 M Engine has now been loaded onto the www.novarossi.us website. The cost for this latest 21 Marine Engine is $475.00. I will work with Novarossi to offer the first 5 engines exclusively to IW members that would like to join an initial pre-sale, at a introductory price of $350 each. I will close this pre-sale event at midnight on Sunday July 26th and place the order with Novarossi World. The engines will arrive and ship within 2 weeks. I have created a discount code MITOPRESALE to be used for this pre=sale and can be entered at check-out to get the introductory price. Email me at [email protected] with any questions. Thank you for your support of Novarossi Engines and Novarossi Marine USA!!!

Latest posts

Back