New From Aquacraft! the UL-1 Superior Fast Electric Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool.

One more thing. I brought the discussion of this amazing little electric up at my office. Some of the guys here have dabbled in electric boats and can't beleive the speeds you are saying this boat can acheive right out of the box as a Ready-to-run. So then they started bombarding me with a whole bunch of questions but I told them that I am not an electric guy this is what they are saying on the message board. Then I mentioned the straight-line speed and they got all up in arms again with the questions.

So...

what they ask was...

what kind of "tuning" and what prop was used to gain 25 miles an hour while still keeping the same basic stock out-of-the-box set-up?

There is talk about buying a few for some Friday afternoon team building. LOL! Really!!! I couldn't beleive it myself.

what kind of "tuning" and what prop was used to gain 25 miles an hour while still keeping the same basic stock out-of-the-box set-up?
There is talk about buying a few for some Friday afternoon team building. LOL! Really!!! I couldn't beleive it myself.
Roger,

Here is what Brian himself posted on the RRR site about this topic:

Brian Buaas said:
The UL-1 really suprised me. I put an M445 on it for it's first pass, I flew it off and tumbled through the traps at 45mph. So I had a rough baseline. Next pass was with an M645 and 3/16" deeper on the strut, 52mph with a good ride attitude but still too light on the sponsons. 3rd pass was with a modified 2047 and a 1/2" deep tape air dam in the tunnel, 59mph pedaling it through the lights. Final pass was the same prop and air dam but 3/32" deeper on the strut, 65.7mph with a high 64mph return run. Temps on the final 2 passes were: motor 114F, ESC 126F, battery 109F (it had cooled down).
Stock motor/esc/hull. I didn't even touch the sponson bottoms. Total mods from out of the box: remove turn fin and vertical fins, tape air dam, strut adjustment and a fairly trick octura 2047. I did run my Futaba FASST 2.4G radio.

Then I put the turnfin back on with a 38x55 grimracer prop and ran 41mph for 8 minutes in rough water. I LIKE IT!!!
Hopefully that helps...

Roger,

Here is what Brian himself posted on the RRR site about this topic:

Brian Buaas said:
The UL-1 really suprised me. I put an M445 on it for it's first pass, I flew it off and tumbled through the traps at 45mph. So I had a rough baseline. Next pass was with an M645 and 3/16" deeper on the strut, 52mph with a good ride attitude but still too light on the sponsons. 3rd pass was with a modified 2047 and a 1/2" deep tape air dam in the tunnel, 59mph pedaling it through the lights. Final pass was the same prop and air dam but 3/32" deeper on the strut, 65.7mph with a high 64mph return run. Temps on the final 2 passes were: motor 114F, ESC 126F, battery 109F (it had cooled down).
Stock motor/esc/hull. I didn't even touch the sponson bottoms. Total mods from out of the box: remove turn fin and vertical fins, tape air dam, strut adjustment and a fairly trick octura 2047. I did run my Futaba FASST 2.4G radio.

Then I put the turnfin back on with a 38x55 grimracer prop and ran 41mph for 8 minutes in rough water. I LIKE IT!!!
Hopefully that helps...
Perrrrrrrrfect. Thanks.

Mike... You crack me up! What's with the HAND LAUNCHING??? :p

It's ELECTRIC... it doesn't need the toss... :D :D

Just ribbing you Bud... I know old habbits die hard!! B) B)

Is it December yet????? Christmas finally got interesting again for DAD!! ;) ;)

Yea.. sorry your right..hahahah

The boat will leave the beach dead still or launching it like the video...

Fun stuff.. Wish we could have got better vid.. The boat in the vid was shot from out of the box to the water. I would have liked to had the chance to tune it some.. but this is what ya get when you open the box.

It was also about 100deg that day..

Grim

I am thinking about purchasing one when they come out. Just for practice for my son and girlfriend. Just so they can get used to the speed and once they get used to that. I could use it to stick with them around the course. Just a thought.

True enought but you will find it MUCH MORE boat that that...

Thanks and keep us posted

Grim

I am sure. From what I've seen and read it might be time to pul the lipos out again.lol

Back