New Forum: Moderator Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting a little insane! Sorry to butt in but you'll find out that being a Mod anywhere requires a little maturity and tact. Your hassling each other is not going yo get you anywhere.

Tom is asking for a volunteer yet we have a pissing contest going on and arguing going on already that a Mod would have to bring under control.

I had to learn self-control and tact, two things that I really didn't have a lot of 4 years ago.

The rules on this site are a little lax which makes doing a Mod job here actually pretty simple. Rarely are there threads or postings that have to be edited or tossed. Hell, a monkey could do what I do if he knew what the site rules are without any knowledge of in here for instance, RTR boats.

There, I feel vented now.

Pick me, pick me, pick me :lol: :lol: :lol: yea right!

Tom, GREAT idea with this RTR. Someday this will be Ready to Race forum and not referred to as Ready to Run. Going to take time, but it WILL happen. You ain't seen nothing yet:)

If you get enough candidates, run a poll and do a vote??

Anyway, good job Tom!!!

Rw

qualifications:
1) you must know how to act like a regular human being

2) you must be a warm body (above lets say 96F)

2) you must voulnteer

:)

Well terry if sombody cant afford to do scales and they want to paint there RTR boats like the big boys version! Then I say go for it!! By the way terry your jellious because a girl can out paint you anytime of the day!
uh where did this come from ??? i said that there is more to doing a boat then painting it that is all, there shall be technical advice to help out the nebie boaters and to help them to stay in the hobby, so if you took offense, well then i have to tell you to stop being so defensive.. anyway a moderator should be able to give the technical advice as well as maintain the forum in a manner that people will want to see and come in and visit. that is the way i would handle it if i were a moderator. straight up no nonsense to the point help to keep the new people to boating intrested and no pissing matches. and hell i even learned something tonight and i am not affraid to share it with others , i learned how to use a flow meter and that would be useful maybe not in the rtr "ready to race" forum , but very helpful in other forums , where i can hopefully help and not upset someone.. and btw miss hydro, if you can outpaint me , well you earned yourself a big gold star, as i am proud of you because you can, that is great and a attaboy to you , keep it up and maybe i will let you paint my next scale boat. have fun all.

terry

Tom,

Thanks for granting my request and adding a RTR Forum topic to this site. I was hoping we could have a place for newbies like myself to learn more about racing and tuning these RTR boats with out the ridicule and prejudice of some of the other forums. I have found this forum to be the best when it comes to valuealbe yet diverse information. Of course my first RTR fell into the sport 20 class the minute it came out of the box so I guess maybe I shot myself in the foot. But my fleet is under construction and I soon will have three race legal boats a sport 40, gas hydro and rtr mod. I am here to offer what ever help I can.

Hey tom, so really i dont think i saw anyone raise there hand yet. Strange, im here to offer my assistance. You tell me what i need to do and ill do it. Someone needs to.... This forum i beleive is a must now that i think of it,,,begginer boaters need something to start with thats fairly inexpensive,extremely fun,and will encourage them to move foward and try other things. I my self had rtr boats and they helped me progress with little grief. My rtrs always ran well, and were a blast to run.if you need me im here. Every day at some point.

Alden

qualifications:
1) you must know how to act like a regular human being

2) you must be a warm body (above lets say 96F)

2) you must voulnteer

:)
Dang.. I was going to volunteer...but I dont think I meet the qualifications...can you define "regular" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
t should be somebody who has RTR's...
My daughter has a Reef Racer, can she be the mod? :p
I bet my Reef Racer will whip your Reef Racer! :eek: :D :lol:
Scott, it'd be quite precious to have you racing against the kids. :p Wonder who would win? :eek: :D :lol:
Considering Piper wrote the RTR rules currently under trial in the IMPBA he sounds like a worthy candidate also. :D
If you read up the quote chain you'll find that the boat is my daughter's, not mine. :D You know how old/young she is! Scooter issued the challenge against the boat, so he's racing her, not me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott, it'd be quite precious to have you racing against the kids. :p Wonder who would win? :eek: :D :lol:
Considering Piper wrote the RTR rules currently under trial in the IMPBA he sounds like a worthy candidate also. :D
If you read up the quote chain you'll find that the boat is my daughter's, not mine. :D You know how old/young she is! Scooter issued the challenge against the boat, so he's racing her, not me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It ain't about Scooter gettin' whooped by your daughter, it's about you being the RTR moderator. :D

It ain't about Scooter gettin' whooped by your daughter, it's about you being the RTR moderator. :D
Oh, THAT'S what you meant! No comment.

Oh, THAT'S what you meant! No comment.
Ill drive :D :D :D

Back