New Design & Build SSV 565 deep vee

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after many hrs wetsanding and polishing this build is now complete
Next job is start on the parting board and get it ready for moulding

Nearly there
Moulds have been wetflatted and polished and started the coats of release wax so wont be long and will have the 1st hull out the moulds
default_wink.png

UPDATE
All waxed and a thin break in layup done ,came out quite nice LOL
Moulds cleaned and prepped for full layup and joined hull next week

Started on the build up
Hardware mounted on the transom ,Stainless vents on topdeck ,rear vents cut out and at the side of cockpit on exhaust side,grab handles made and fitted for easier launching and retrieval
Engine stringers cut,shaped and drilled to make install easier for the final build up

Cheers scott
looking forward to seeing it on the water ,nervous aswell LOL just hoping for some good performance
Time will tell

Cheers Luis
Hoping to have it finished in the next day or 2 ready for 1st race meeting this coming weekend ,should be interesting haha
Ill post some pics once completed
default_wink.png

Well here it is 1st vid clip of maiden run of the concept vee from 1st race heat ,failed EZ starter beginning of 2nd heat meant i did race and cut the day short
Didnt hit full throttle and was running rich and with choppy water and windy conditions i was taking it easy get the feel for the boat and go from there
But overall a good 1st run need to do some adjustments on radio and more testing and see how it goes from there

https://youtu.be/mIzialTLJVE

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure where you are running but having the retrive boat out while boats are running is a BIG NO NO!! in the IMPBA

This is in the UK Steve, over hear OMRA and BMPRS race from 20 to 30 minutes heats which need to have a retrieval boat else no one would finish a race lol.

Hi Steve thats how we race over here with race times from 15-30 min races
Drivers have to back off for rescue boat ,some dont always but then they are penalised and if anyone hits the rescue boat its immediate disqualification

Darren / Steven,

Thank you for the explanation. It still seems a little risky to me. I have heard of races that last that long just did not realize that you went out during the race to retrive the dead ones.

How many laps do you run and how long is the course.

No probs
BMPRS Course size varies at different venues, 30-50 laps depending again venue and heat time usually ,we tend to stay with 15 or 20 minute heat time

Back