New D O/B Record at Huntsville and Super Fast Stock in B Sport

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: A little improvement bumping up the two way average to 77.15 mph. By the time the 21 boat was ready to come out the conditions were not good for it so no runs were made.

Update: A little improvement bumping up the two way average to 77.15 mph. By the time the 21 boat was ready to come out the conditions were not good for it so no runs were made.

Awsome! Congratulations!
default_smile.png

what tunnel hull and prop was used to set the record in d class ? jimmy may help to bring back d tunnel racing !!!!

I believe I read , its his own design boat .

Im sure someone will chime in on prop Bob.

Awesome job Jimmy, a record doesnt sit THAT long for no reason
default_cool.png

The more I think about it , a D or Open tunnel sounds like fun...........

Anyone need a B-Mono ?

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I'd like to thank everyone for congratulatory comments, it's greatly appreciated. If you would allow me a moment to comment about the relationship that I share with Tommy Lee, you'll understand why this record was "Bitter Sweet" for me. I met Tommy in 1978 when I was eleven years old when he, his brother David and my Dad, Jim Johnson were racing full sized tunnel outboards. In 1979 while staying with the Lee family in Cullman Al, we went to the test pond to run the "big boats", when they were done, Tommy brought out his first rc tunnel and ran it around a while. Then he handed me the transmitter and said " Go ahead, give it a try." I was twelve and have had an rc tunnel ever since. Everything that is described about Tommy in his Hall of Fame induction is absolutely true and then some. If not for him, I may not have had an rc boat of any kind... My respect and admiration for him runs deep. He was at the pond this weekend and when congratulated me, it was an honor.

Jimmy Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat is called a California Aftershock, a scratch built by Mark Grim back in the 80's. I've made a few mods along the way and added my cowlings to it. The design though is mostly what it was back then.The engine is a CMB EVO 2 also built by Mark Grim with an Irwin pipe.

Unfortunately for me, Chris moved back to California and we don't run together like we used to... but were still teammates and buds.

Chris and Jimmy,

We guys here in dist. 19 miss you two and all the great times!

GREAT JOB and CONGRATS

Don

Great Job Jimmy! I know you have wanted to see this for a while. 80mph is just around the corner!

For those of you who don't know Jimmy, here's a picture with him and his tunnel from 2006. He's had a lot of fast passes over the years, but finally put two together. Congratulations!

Lohring Miller

P1010049.JPG

Back