New Addition

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Jones

Got myself a new addition to the family tonight. I probably should have started this endeavor in October. I'll have to rush to make next month's practice date, but that's part of the fun. Shawn does excellent work!

boat.jpg

And it's a good bit bigger than the Sport boat...so that'll take some getting used to...Which should be a lot of fun!

2boats.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the stark whiteness of a race vehicle waiting to be built (-; It reminds me of an old school body in white factory race car. No frills, just one purpose = WINNING!!

Nice ride, joey. Do it justice.

I love the stark whiteness of a race vehicle waiting to be built (-; It reminds me of an old school body in white factory race car. No frills, just one purpose = WINNING!!

Nice ride, joey. Do it justice.
Thanks Robin. I hope I can as well....although, that's a steep wish for a newb!

-Joey

Joey,

Got to love the Vision the craftmanship and attention to detail, I love both of mine, post some pictures when she is all rigged up.

Beau

Joey,

Got to love the Vision the craftmanship and attention to detail, I love both of mine, post some pictures when she is all rigged up.

Beau
Hey Beau!

Yeah, I am a big fan of Shawn's work. Good stuff. I'm trying my best to get this thing together. I'll put up some pics as I make noteworthy progress. Hopefully soon! Testing season is upon us!

-Joey

What engine and pipe Joey? Go HI Torque for the steering servo.
Hey Bill.

I've got the Novarossi .46 to power it. Going to run a Lawless lower.

motor.jpg

I got the Silver Bullet pipe. Mr. Monohan does nice work!

pipe.jpg

I got a steer servo that'll have 157 oz/in of torque at 6v. I'm running direct LiFe, like on my Sport boat. Think that'll suffice?

https://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5646wp_servo.html#.VOo4tTW37tQ

By the way, I may not be able to make practice next weekend. Some folks in the office have taken Friday off, and I just released our new Cray supercomputer to the masses....I doubt I'll be able to break away. Stinks, too, I've been itching to get some more laps around the buoys. I'll see y'all the next time, though. Hopefully with 2 boats (and warmer weather) this time!

-Joey

Looking good Joey!! Interesting cavitation plate in the background..
Thanks Rene! Yeah, it is interesting as all get-out. I'm thinking I'll end up running this thing, provided it doesn't change performance for the worse vs the std cav plate. We'll see !! You gotta hand it to Mr. Fred...it looks really cool.

cavplate.jpg

Shawn is a perfectionist thats for sure. Great workmanship!

That will NOT be enough servo...you want a 1/4 scale servo and around 300oz in my opinion

Hitec make one that fits and so do Savox but I have not tried them

Shawn is a perfectionist thats for sure. Great workmanship!

That will NOT be enough servo...you want a 1/4 scale servo and around 300oz in my opinion

Hitec make one that fits and so do Savox but I have not tried them
Thanks for the info, Kris. Much appreciated! I'll get an upgrade on the way.

-Joey

Joey,

I run the Hitec 7950th in the 3.5 mod and 7990th in the 7.5 mod and that way there is never a problem turning. Keep us posted.

Joey, I have had excellent results with savox servos. Some of their higher torque "standard" size servos are a little taller than say a 3305 futaba or a 545 hitec, but have fit in my nitro & gas mounts no problem. Zero issues/failures in the 3 years since I started using them, don't let the price fool ya (-;, jmho.

Many thanks for the advise, gents! I am certainly grateful.

Robin, I've seen helis with Savox electronics in them, and I've never head any negative about them. When you're talking a >200+ oz/inch rating, their price is very good! Looks like I've got a few more items to add to the research list!

Thanks again!

-Joey

Back