New Addition to the Circus Fleet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Ok so I'm a little late posting these. It was actually back from being painted last week. I have a few cockpit details and the windshield that I forgot to put back on before pics but you get the idea. It only took me 5 years to get this boat built. I originally won the bare hull at the Muncey race in San Diego back in 06. It was an older version of a Henry Velasco hull and I sold it with a motor thinking I would never build it. Then I found the newer version of this hull available and decided I would do the hull after all since I at some point will probably have almost all of the Circus boats eventually. The cool part of this is that I have been talking with Steve Reynolds who was the original driver of this boat back in 1978. I happened to find him on Facebook and has has been a great source of info.

Hull: Velasco

Hardware: Andy Brown Rudder, Speedmaster Strut, Custom Exhaust by Alan Terry, Motor Mount and Skin Fin Bracket are my own, Mike Hughes Turn Fin.

Painted By: Rick Valdez of Creative Images Lodi, CA

Graphics: Me

Boat Stand Joe Scarpino JRS Innovations

Driver and stacks: Larry Kraemer

IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg
IMG_3414.jpg

Here's a shot with her big sister the 89 Pink Lady. This boat has been retired as a memorial to Troy McIntire the hull builder and Bob Rendon that painted it. There will be a third boat soon as the 89 School Bus is almost finished. I am getting ready to pop a new cowl out of my own mold for that one. Should be ready by summer. Then there is another hull that is 50% and that is the 1993 Two Wing Circus Bert Dygert Hull.

IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_3412.jpg

Oh wait I almost forgot there is also a 1/6 Scale gas version of the Pink Lady that is planned as well. Plugs are laid out for the cockpit and cowl already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin Good Mike!!

Not quite sure I understand your obsession with pink :blink: ....but hey....Lookin good!! :D

Keep up the great work.

Hey they're not all pink?! The 78 is Red... After I make some more trim adjustments I'll get some running shots of the 78. I'm waiting on some different props for it too. The first couple of props I ran on it were fast but the fanny of the boat needs some more lift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey they're not all pink?! The 78 is Red... After I make some more trim adjustments I'll get some running shots of the 78. I'm waiting on some different props for it too. The first couple of props I ran on it were fast but the fanny of the boat needs some more lift.

Mike,

Just razzin ya on the Pink! :D

Chris Grimm (true spin props) Made the best prop for my Velasco. They race the same boat, and have it down to a science! Get ahold of Chris, he'll fix you up.

Mcknight is my hero, haha. Kidding aside, the 78 looks great, and looks even better next to the rest in your collection! Mike

Back