new abc props for a 21 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark B) No hurry - it's just a prop I was going to try as I had one in the box. If I can find some 3/16" stubs I can make a mandrel off the good blade....

If you want to run in the mid 70's the props provided above will work. However, if you chose to go faster (high 70 to mid 80) you should consider the following.

First theory sucks! Airfoil, gear driven, 0 drag boom tubes, turbo plugs, $800.00 boat ect.ect. ect. this all sucks. What go's up must come down; True.

Going to the pond trying different props, pipes, setups priceless.

I run a Humming Bird "H2" , Orlic nova rossi and Ops/Irwin pipe.

ABC 1816 B/C 1mm

ABC 2014 B/C 2mm

H 7 3.7 cup

H 6 3.8 cup

ABC 52x70 C/D 46MM 3.7 cup

1616 3 blade (need to adj strut)

Remember you must have tip speed, 44 mm and below you are sucking hind tit!

Kentley Porter

Kentley,

I was wondering when you were going to chime in and share your wealth of

knowledge on the "elusive 80 MPH" 21 Hydro. I must be doing something wrong

I can never get the H-6 to run that well. I think the 1616/3 sounds very

interesting Kentley,thanks for sharing some of your hot setups with us. I just

Got My Orlic Nova 21 last month, I am still working on my new "2005" Hydro. I

thought you ran an ABC 50 x 69 also?

Thanks Again,

Mark Sholund

Hi Kentley

Forgot to mention the 80% nitro !!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing these prop tips!

Gill

Mike,

Go to: www.abcprops.com and click on the top bar that says Prop Chart.

Scroll down and you will see all the ABC propellers. It is in pdf format.

Happy Scrolling,

Mark Sholund

Mark, I do run the 50x69 all I can get out of that prop is mid 70's. However, Mr. Orlic can over 80 with that prop. The 3 blade is tricky to set up (strut adj) but the boat will stroll. I really like the 52x70 C/D is will be the first prop tried on my boat this weekend during oval trials.

Gill, I run 65%. Have tried running the 80% hard to keep a needle and didnt see any speed difference.

KP

Kentley,

Interesting is all I can say. The H-7 is a 1.5 pitch ratio and the 52 x 70 is a 1.3

pitch ratio,and the 50 x 69 is a 1.4 pitch ratio. I will have to test the 1.3 pitch

ratio next week,we are suppose to get snow the next couple of days. :rolleyes:

Great information though as usual.

Thanks Again,

Mark Sholund

guys,

I am currently running a 1450 detonged and pitched to 3.9 corner speed is awsome, I have also run h-7's and I have run a 50 x 69 It needs more pitch i have it pitched at a 3.5 and it just spins.

kently, the orlic motor and pipe, I talked to frank and he suggested the irwin, i can't get on but i am running the ops 3280.

is there a big difference.

thanks

chris

Chris, the ops 3280 is about 4 to 6 mph slower (for me) that the S pipe. The new pipe that i got from Jim Irwin dose not work. The boat will not even launch. The stinger size is way off. Preston took the pipe to work and pressed in the proper size stinger. Maybe we will get to try it this weekend.

The 50x69 is a great prop I run 3.9 to 4.1 cup cut down to 46 mm. If it's not cut down it take for ever to come up. It will run 70-75 all day long summer or winter.

Chris what boat/power are you running? What speeds are you seeing on your current setup.

Mark, what boat are you going to run the Orlic in? I was breaking in my new one from him yesterday and it was only running 68. (cackling) ;)

KP

Kentley,

I have two new 21's in the building and setup stage,one is another Warlok 21

and the other is a Betke 21 Hydro. They will both run in the 70's. I had Jim

make me a few new S-pipes,but I have not tested them yet. We found at the

Flint Record trials a few months ago the the Orlic Nova liked 45.50 mm props.

The corner speed and top speed both increased aprox. 3 MPH over the 46 mm

propellers. We also found that sometimes too much cup slowed us down quite

a bit in the corners. Well I was at the lake today and had a very interesting

day on the water. The MAC 21 still likes small propellers with very little cup

added to them. Did a few Str.Away passes with a heat race setup and all I can

say is the V-947/3 is a very fast propeller. I have it cut down to 45 mm,Gill.

I can't wait until the new Str.Away boat is ready to rock. I need a few ideas on

some other Str.Away propellers for the 21 boat. I'm all ears for suggestions

anyone.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark

WE did some tests with the 2.0 serie and our best pass was with the 2047 (diam 46mm) and cup 4.4 in the mid 80's(radar gun)

60% nitro

CMB green head LS( turbo head) carb OS 4e

positive strut at 0.2 and 3mm above the rear botton sponson.

front sponsons at 3,9

nitropipe mac at 18,5cms.also tried the parabolic S but hard to keep the needle even with baffle drilled!!

boat weights 3,45 pounds

Does the V947/3 stocK?

Thanks for the additional info!

Gill

Hey KP,

Come on and tell us all your speed secrets, you was just getting warmed up... :p

Tunnelbill said:
Hey KP,
    Come on and tell us all your speed secrets, you was just getting warmed up... :p

71863[/snapback]

Bill,

Maybe Bulifant will chime in and tell you all of the secrets. I think he saw them this past weekend. But if he doesn't I can tell you that if people don't run 70+ with the H2 it is because they did not do what they were they were told. KP makes it look real easy. It took me a while to get it through my head, but all you do is follow directions.

Maybe Bulifant will chime in and tell you all of the secrets
The only secret I saw was that the boats appear to go faster when the antennae is bent back :)

I think KP's setup advice is like consulting E.F. Hutton

When E.F Hutton Speaks.......................
huh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mark and KP

You were right about the little work on the 1816 it worked beautifully!

Also KP input about the 52X70 C/D worked great with same strut set up !

Thanks guys

Gill

gil sonsino said:
Hi Mark and KPYou were right about the little work  on the 1816 it worked beautifully!

Also KP input about the 52X70  C/D worked great with same strut set up !

Thanks  guys

Gill

72062[/snapback]

Gil, What kind of speeds did you get?

KP

KP

boat hit 88,1mph(4mph faster) a good improvement just working on props but we do need to work with pipes to get higher rpms.

With the Mac nitro pipe engine is running 30K but with the S(CMD) I can't have the right needle even with the baflle drilled.

Next weekend will work with front set up to have the boat more wet and need to shorten the rudder too .

Thanks

Gill

Kently

currently I am running a warlok ( a different verzion ) and a orlic motor with a ops 3280 pipe.

prop of choice is a 1450 with the tonges cut off and pitched to 3.9 runs 75.

any suggestions.

how can i get the irwin pipe that frank suggested??

thanks

chris

Kently

currently I am running a warlok ( a different verzion ) and a orlic motor with a ops 3280 pipe.

prop of choice is a 1450 with the tonges cut off and pitched to 3.9 runs 75.

any suggestions.

how can i get the irwin pipe that frank suggested??

thanks

chris

Chris, Are you running the 1450 cut down? I have no idea where to tell you to find the old Irwin S pipe. I get many emails and phone calls on that one. I did get one of Irwin new versions of the pipe several weeks ago, out of the box it sucks. I had to send it to the machine shop 3 times befor it would even think about working.

kp

Back