New 33" mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyprsmash

I am running a Delta force 33" mono 4s with a 1515/1y Nue motor. I have just upgraded the ecs to a 240 Hydra by Castle Creations. So here is my dilemma. I have 2 X 3900 thunder power packs running in series. I have been told with the low capacity I will blow the esc. Do I have to run 2 sets of them to get the 8000 milliamps or is it ok to just run the 3900s? I have included a pitchure of the setup. Thanks

Steve

ediyt.JPG

You said that you are running two packs in series.

Your picture shows 4 packs????????

Two 2S 3900 packs in series is 4S1P -3900

Four 2S packs two in series and two in parallel is 4S2P -7800

Larry

Sorry it looks confusing. Yes its the secound one you said. They are saying I have to have 7500 - 10k miliamps to run this.

2 x 3900 in series = 14.8

2 x 3900 in series = 14.8

Then I run them in parallel to get 7800 milliamps.

So 4s2p 14.8 @ 7800 milliamps.

Last edited by a moderator:
With only 7800m Amps on board, I would keep my run time to under 3 min. or less

untill you find out what your draw is.

You NEVER want to take more then 80% out of your packs.

So for you 80% of 7800 = 6240mAmps

or 80% of each pack 3900 X80% = 3120 per pack.

Larry

Steve, Your best bet is to get 2 5000 4S batteries. Your setup has the CG too far forward. This will equal lots of "nose steering" and hooking. With your current setup the boat will run really wet as well, drawing lots more amps than with a loose setup. This will overheat your overly long power wires and melt the solder off your deans connectors. With 2 4S batts you can get the CG further back and reduce the power wire length which should use at least 5.5 or bigger connectors. Until then, keep your steering dual rate to a minimum to lessen the nose steering and run a conservative prop like an X442 to keep the temps reasonable. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I've been racing the same boat with a 1515 1Y / Hydra 240 and found out the hard way what works and what doesn't. [ my DF 33 held the 2008 NAMBA P-mono 2-lap record and still holds the NAMBA P-Offshore 2-lap record- at least for now :( ]

I thank you for all the help. I think I am going to back this down to a 4s1p and run a smaller motor untill I gather up some packs.

Steve

I have been looking at packs and all that I can find at good prices is 15c packs. Will this work or do I need something bigger?

15C wiil not cut it.

20C MIN.

25C or 30C is best.

Buy the best you can afford. you will save $ in the end.

Larry

They Say 20C

But be carefull, some cheap batteries are over rated.

You should post a question in a new thread, to see if anybody has tried them to

see if they will give out what they say they will.

Larry

Yeh I think I am going to try them as soon as they have some in stock. Let me know if you see anyone running them. I would like to know how the work.

Latest posts

Back