New 21 beginning construction

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gluing the brass sponson inserts in.

Mike, the only way I know to have both sponsons

Perpendicular to the water and dead on both with the same angle and position to each other is to do what I did

Gluing and sponson tube or insert and not do this procedure the inserts and tubes and just glue them they will get angle either up down back forward or a combo of all 4.

I have had that problem in the past

Then adjuster blocks used to adjust for the front tub sponson insert that can be off when glued in place

Had that problem with my 101 JAE boat and had to put them long after the boat was built and after doing some measurements. The front hull tube was off and there was a significant difference between the angle of attach of the front sponsons

Doc,

I sent the pic of you sponson alignment process to Joe Petro. Best idea yet for getting those tubes in straight!

Where do you buy the carbon dyvinicl? It should be much stiffer than wood which is really good. Do you know if the 1/8" - 1/32" composite is as light as wood?

Looks really good Doc,

What are you using for sponson tubes? Are they carbon fiber tubes or solid rods & what size are they?

JA

Using solid carbon rod about .314 diameter. Same size that comes in the JAE KIT AS A TUBE

We have been getting are carbon fiber recently from DRAGON PLATE

The set up for putting the sponson tubes was originally a Mark Bullard concept,

Also another building concept: When gluing in the front tube in the tube, put the boom tube in the brass tube, rest the BOOM TUBE ON EACH SIDE OF THE TUB ON Flat blocks of the same height/ thickness. Then set the bottom of the tube on a block of the same height and put weight on the tube.

This insures the bass tube is PARALLEL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE TUB AND THUS THE BOOM TUBE IS PARELL TO BOTTOM OF THE TUB/water

The rear boom tube is taken care of by the adjuster blocks

If the adjuster blocks are in the front due the same process to the rear boom tube

Dyvinicil:

1/8 in x48 in sheet : $10 cut to the width you want plus shipping

48 inch x 70 mm $10/inch(width) plus shipping

Call Mark Bullard to order: 256 303-6423

Back