needle setting on 7.5 k&b

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys,

It was a cooler day and the air was dryer than the last time I was out and today i changed from 25%Nitro to 30% Nitro but everything else was the same as last time out .

The engine was rich on this new fuel and i had to go in a 1/4 turn to get it to perform.The engine did not seam too lean and i could hold the head of the engine and it was not very hot.

Is it common to have this much of a setting change on the HSN being different Temp. and fuel change.

Terry

Guys,

It was a cooler day and the air was dryer than the last time I was out and today i changed from 25%Nitro to 30% Nitro but everything else was the same as last time out .

The engine was rich on this new fuel and i had to go in a 1/4 turn to get it to perform.The engine did not seam too lean and i could hold the head of the engine and it was not very hot.

Is it common to have this much of a setting change on the HSN being different Temp. and fuel change.

Terry
very common i have had the needle change a 1/4 turn through out the same day.......Scott

Terry,

When i first got into model boats i was the same as you didnt know how much of a affect the weather had and when you start running them week after week or month after month you soon realize that you seem to be always mucking around with the needle at the start of the days running a good idea is to take a log of the weather the day you run your boat so next time you go out you can gauge it after the previous time you run your boat and soon enough it all comes easy you can steep your nitro content up and run even faster.

Good Luck

Brad

Back