My new Toy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bontoft

Lets see if this works. Today I tested my new GX1 eagle boat. 82 MPH pretty much right out of the box, and handles like its on rails. Boat weighs 13 pounds and is fitted with the new Quickdraw rear exhaust engine. I was running both 2170, and the new 2175 props pitched up a bunch and it pulled them easily, tached out at 20,000rpm. I am sure the boat will go faster but it looked so solid I decided to leave it alone for now. Thanks for all the help John and Andy, you make one hell of a boat. Heres a few more pics.

:unsure: Damm sweet Mike !!

Can you say X-Hydro class smasher :lol:

Gawd I would love to have that up here in Namba 9 to run in X hydro .... think of the whinners .... just music to my ears.

Have FUN !

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

what's an amazing toy !!!! :)

What kind of Quickdraw you put inside ?

Can you tell me the type ?

Thanks !

Enjoy it !

Pascal

It won't let me post any more pictures right now, I wanted to show a close up of the engine compartment. The boat is a standard GSX 90 size and the rear port QD fits in there really nice. I added a small tub so I could run the big flywheels that come on the new QD,s. I,ll post some more pics as soon as it will let me. Pascal, go to www.quickdrawengines.com and look up 25cc rear port.

Mike Bontoft said:
It won't let me post any more pictures right now, I wanted to show a close up of the engine compartment. The boat is a standard GSX 90 size and the rear port QD fits in there really nice. I added a small tub so I could run the big flywheels that come on the new QD,s. I,ll post some more pics as soon as it will let me. Pascal, go to www.quickdrawengines.com and look up 25cc rear port.
88586[/snapback]

Hey Mike, boat looks great and it sounds like you got it tuned nicely.

You can post all the pics you want in the member galleries:

User Galleries

Just sign up for one then create a folder or Gallery, uplaod your files and then place them in your folder.

Good Luck and hope to see some more pics!

Ron

Last edited:
<_< I can only dream of a boat like that...

Very cool, Oops I think i'm salivating!!! :unsure:

Very nice boat Mike, Im sure you will squeeze more speed out of it.

Care to talk more about the 2175 prop mods?

Or which do you prefer? 2170 or 2175?

Thanks

Tom

Mike Bontoft said:
88586[/snapback]

Very nice Mike, that rear exhaust & front carb sure cleans things up, almost tempts me to build another gas boat. BTW- anyone heard anything further on that big CMB gas motor that was supposed to be released in Feb.??? :blink:

Its coming , no worries .

But i think it will be really released on the first international race in Stuttgart Germany . ( around the 20 th april )

Bart

Bart Drieghe said:
Its coming , no worries .
But i think it will be really released on the first international race in Stuttgart Germany . ( around the 20 th april )

Bart

88613[/snapback]

Bart,

Anyone seen or have pics of it??

Beautiful boat. CMD puts out unbelievable boats. The craftsmanship alone is worth the price. By far, the #1 boat out there today, and has been for a long time. Good job Mike, Andy and rest of the crew.

Brian

Don Ferrette said:
Bart,   Anyone seen or have pics of it??
yes , go to ian Folkson's website ( http://www.iansboats.co.uk/ )and left down , u see , 35 CC CMB , click on it and u see the engine plus boat .

Here u can see some other pics of boat and engine :

http://www.fsrmodelisme.net/VelDiapoCmb35.htm

Just one note , the pics u're seeing are "old" , as far as i heard , they have changed a few details on the engine .

Regards ,

Bart

Bart Drieghe said:
Just one note , the pics u're seeing are "old" , as far as i heard , they have changed  a few details on the engine .Regards ,

Bart

88636[/snapback]

Looks like a Zimmerman style induction. Wonder what price it's gonna sell for??? :unsure:

nitrocrazed said:
Mike,
Great looking boat!  B)   What ignition system does the rear exhaust QD use?

Ian.

88662[/snapback]

I just got done checking out the engine on the QD website, it uses a rather compact electronic ignition system that requires seperate battery. Definitely a very cool piece but that $1,500 price tag will put the major smackdown on your wallet. :blink:

Back