my 1/4 Scale Tunnel Video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Mortlock

Hi All

For those who may be interested here is the link to the Video Clip of my 1/4 scale tunnel

(video could be slower if not using broadband connection)

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/gmorty/

powered by my Outboard Leg fitted with a 26 stock Zenoah,

look forward to your feedback

Cheers

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

Were you running a Prather 270? Prop Shop 7016? The boat looks good on the water. You may

want to try a 6516/3 to see what the motor does.

Thanks For The Film Clip,

Mark Sholund

Hi, AWESOME! thank for sharing it, Great Job!!! I've always wanted one of my own. I notice you might required a stronger servo or you might just be low on batt for the steering servo. Please post more photos of setup pleaseeeeeee :) Thanks.

Mark

The prop on the boat in this clip was running the 270

I have a 70/16 2 blade with the tips of the blades rounded which im yet to try?

Running 2 quarter scale servos,after this video we did a few adjustments to the steering and was a lot better next time out.

Greg

I'm glad to see you got some footage our of my crappy video work :lol: :lol:

The boat is awesome to see and hear in real life, cant wait to see a few of these on the water racing together.

I'm glad to see you got some footage our of my crappy video work :lol: :lol:

The boat is awesome to see and hear in real life, cant wait to see a few of these on the water racing together.
GET ME ONE OF THOSE AWESOME LEGS!

Please

MJ

Nice looking boat there Gmorty!

Does it have recovery pads? Acting like it needs them , but that just what I see on the video. My 20 tunnel would do the same but worse almost at the same spot.

Ed

Greg,

Well done mate you have done a great job on that boat . I may even be tempted to build one myself although I said i would never run but thanks to Grimracer I just love my tunnies

Greg,

I've got a 6516/3 if you want to try Mark S's suggestion.

Ed.R,

No it doesn't have pads / blocks (yet!)

On the run in the video, it was before the bottom edges of the hull had been sharpened and trued. That made a noticable difference, but it's still got more room for improvement. The boat sure is a crowd magnet!! Greg should sell advertising space on it!

Tim.

Hi Guys

Absolutley Tim throw it your kit for next day at the pond,

Ill have stumble blocks on next time as Tim mentioned,

Any ideas on length and width of these blocks would be a great help anybody?

As Tim said it was a lot better with the bottom edges sharpened and trued,

As the Leg and Engine/pipe combo all work well

its down to boat setup now so all imput appreciated guys.

as i make changes we can update the vid so when we get the big tunny flying you will all get to see her,

Nice work!!!!

Now comes the big question.....

What are the 1/4 scale tunnel rules going to be for engine choice?????

23cc or 26cc????

As I have my boat approaching completion and have the prototype Lawless drive I was going to use a mod 231 but if the class allows 26 cc engiines I may as well go for one straight away....

EMS Racing I need a bigger trailer

Hey Greg,

I finally got to see your vid today.

The boat looks great.There's alot of potential there.

I'm really looking forward to mine more that ever now. :)

Thanks for the teaser. :)

Hey Greg,

I believe it is your boat/Outboard that Lynn Cooper sent me pics of the carbon pipe?? I am in the process of building an Outboad 260 and intersted in the pipe and what you use for the leg?? Email me at [email protected] I'm interested in corresponding!!

Later!!

Pat

Pat,

The carbon pipe is made in Australia by Salisbury Power Pipes (SPP). Contact Riggermortise on the IW board for more info.

The leg is a cast item designed and made by Greg, as is the drive cable and propshaft assembly.

Craig,

I find it a little unlikely that we will have enough for 16-25 and Open to run separately in Oz. Go with a 260 ;)

Tim.

Hey guys

Pat Ive sent u an email mate.

Hey Walt its all good ;)

Thanks Tim ive passed on the same mate.

Greg

Pat,

The carbon pipe is made in Australia by Salisbury Power Pipes (SPP). Contact Riggermortise on the IW board for more info.

The leg is a cast item designed and made by Greg, as is the drive cable and propshaft assembly.

Craig,

I find it a little unlikely that we will have enough for 16-25 and Open to run separately in Oz. Go with a 260 ;)

Tim.
Ahhh yes but I have no interest in Zenoah engines for 35cc class....

What I am trying to work out is if the 1/4 scale tunnel class takes off will it be limited to under 25cc stock engines or will it be an open petrol class.... Coz if it is open I can see a Quickdraw (or similar) coming on....

Also I would have thought that limiting the 1/4 scale tunnels to the 16-25cc stock engine class that would at least make the class more appealing. Open classes where you are competing against $1000+ engines may kill the idea before it even gets a chance...

Back