More round nose questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WikiWiki1

Supporting Member
It sounds like a lot of round nose boat will be built this winter. I also have got the round nose bug.

What are the thought on belly pans? I'm at the point where I need to figure this out. Does the

pan help keep the boat on the water or make it more likely to blow over?

Thanks, Brent

It sounds like a lot of round nose boat will be built this winter. I also have got the round nose bug.What are the thought on belly pans? I'm at the point where I need to figure this out. Does the

Thanks, Brent
None of my boats have a belly pan its not needed

It sounds like a lot of round nose boat will be built this winter. I also have got the round nose bug.What are the thought on belly pans? I'm at the point where I need to figure this out. Does the

Thanks, Brent

Thanks, Brent

I added one to my hull. I dropped down the engine a 1/2". The reason I did this is so the fake engine didn't sit up so high. If I was to do it again I would not put it in. One problem I have is that when I lowered the engine the carb got closer to the bottom. This would allow water to be sucked in. I run a CMB. I had to make a shroud to keep the water away from the carb. If you want go to my gallery it has pictures before the pan and also the pan I added. The pics show the pan at 3/4" deep. I thought that was to much so I took a 1/4"out. I'm not sure yet, but I feel it has an negative effect on getting the boat up on plan and milling speed.

Hi Brent, You saw my belly pan (3/4") at Marysville and I think the lower the engine the more stable the ride which is critical with my roundnose. As long as I have a sponge under the carb I have no water issues and it does keep the merlin low and where it belongs. R

Back