moment of silence

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was he a member of any sanctioning body or local boat club? This is really a sad tragedy that shouldn't have happened. My condolences to the family and his friends . We as a organized boating community should make an attempt to reach the independent guys about the hazards of doing what we do . R/C boating has had enough dark days just trying to survive as a niche hobby, not to mention the threat of losing lakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of at least four or five threads in various forums about the dangers of swimming after a stalled boat. Not much more we can do for those that won't listen.

Even if you can swim and say "It's My Life I am risking" that is not true. I sawa guy roll over a chase boat with no life jacket on. A couple people went into the lake (in Ohio in March) to help him. What if someone drowned trying to save you? And left behind children? Can you live with that? Don't swim for it and please wear a life jacket!

I know of at least four or five threads in various forums about the dangers of swimming after a stalled boat. Not much more we can do for those that won't listen.

Hmm, rather than just point our fingers and say "you need to buy a chase boat" or "don't swim after your boat" use the oprotunity to offer to meet them at the pond with your chase boat. Get them with a club that has a chase boat they can borrow. We should all use this as a wake up call to be more inviting and helpfull to anyone int the hobby and offer your resourses to make sure they can practice our hobby safe.

Hmm, rather than just point our fingers and say "you need to buy a chase boat" or "don't swim after your boat" use the oprotunity to offer to meet them at the pond with your chase boat. Get them with a club that has a chase boat they can borrow. We should all use this as a wake up call to be more inviting and helpfull to anyone int the hobby and offer your resourses to make sure they can practice our hobby safe.
BINGO!!!! give this man a ceeeegar! that's an attitude i couldn't agree with more.

Back