Mod OS outboard?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey

i'm putting a OS XM .21 on a Villain S1 that i just ordered and would like some advice. which pipe is best for this motor? irwin, silver bullet or a carbon fiber? what all is needed to mount a O.S. .21 RG on it? is it worth it and are the blocks the same? i'd like to see mid 50's. thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
You will never see mid 50's... Leave the OS outboard alone, work on the setup and you should run mid 40's, maybe high 40's..

Get an Anderson 1440 for it.

does OS make an engine that will get it in the 50's? if not and i end up buying a lawless lower unit, which motor would you recommend? thanks

Mike Z can respond best, but I don't if know the villian will handle above 50mph...

The villian was built for stock racing but Mike still reaches upper 40's if not 50 with it but he has worked with the boat for a long time.

If you want to be able to get in the 50's consistently you may need a longer, heavier boat and run a MAC, Nova Rossi, CMB, Rossi to get there.

Charley

Hi Casey,

My advise would be to run the Villain and OS stock till you are used to the boat ,Villains are a little different to drive than others, then if you feel you want a little more add a pipe.

The Lawless and a Rossi powerhead will take a Villain in to the 50's but requires a change in CG and is a delicate balance'n act to drive one out the top with out blowing the boat off,

Gene :D

Casey

I agree with Gene!!! Leave it stock until you run it a while !!! It will be plenty of speed to start. I'm running a OS know on a D27 with a old JG 3 bladed prop and it screams. I have since put it on my old {8months} mod WOF 30 and is faster know than before with the same prop.

You will be competitive with the OS and Villian !!!!!!

i don't plan on racing anytime soon, i just want a boat that is out of control fast to play around with.

45 -48mph doesn't sound too fast but have you driven a 21 outboard that runs that fast before? (for real speed not ebay speeds!) It will be fast enough with the OS if set up properly.

thanks for the advice! :rolleyes:

i leave it stock for a while til i get it dialed in. no i have not had one (20 tunnel) that fast before, but i have had quit a few tunnels and riggers in the past that ran pretty good.

Well !!!!!!!!! In that case!!!!! Pull the head off take off the head shim's , set the head clearance at .007-.008. Sharpen the skeg to a razor edge and polish it to a mirror finish, pull out the first two coils of the glow plug Hummm !!!!!! :rolleyes: maybe take a little off the bottom of the skeg and if you are handy with a dremel port work, check the timming , crank window and port.

And other than that!!!! that's about it !!!!!!!!! Later a Irwin quite pipe and a header. :D :lol:

Back