ML Boatworks- Scale & Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel & Kneeler, and Mono laser cut kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can personally vouch for at least Jeff Ross' work. He's done stuff for me and it's really great stuff.

Yeah, Jeff is a really nice person for sure. Mike is too (in case you read this Mike)...haha

Just a few things left to do till its ready for the first test. Both Dick and I are really excited to see the results! Mike

ResizedImage_1389813930168_zps89d5cfc1.jpg

ResizedImage_1389813893475_zpsf8b4a3bd.jpg

I'm back to a normally manageable level of scale orders now. Basic black is fast. color changes and customs can be done too. Thanks again Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got some initial test news from Dick Loeb and Donnie Padgent (spelling*)...Dick Tyndall and Kentley Porter's brother in law Keith Thompson were also out there. Keith apparently got video of the 3-4 runs (I am guessing 4 as they tested 4 different props) and says he will try and upload that asap.

Conditions, 20mph wind, rough water

Boat ran with a mild 29.5 mod motor. Dick said he could run the boat dead into the wind wide open, turn in the rough water wide open with no issues, hold the bouys with no issues. He said this motor had the boat in the upper 60's, but also said Donnie was handing him a brand new "badazz" fully modded 29.5 to put in it as the hull wants more apparently! He tried 4 different props and could see the hull react to each prop change, which he said is a good thing. He also stated that the sponsons had not even been scuffed yet, and there were even some clearcoat bumps here and there. He wanted to test it just as any possible builder might run the boat in its worse condition. He summed it up with he could have thrown the boat in today and raced it just as the initial setup was. Pretty good news! Dick Loeb said he would post something later, and I suspect Dick Tyndall might add something as well!

Oh, per my conversation with Dick Loeb on Saturday, the final weight of the boat, ready to run is 16.5lbs, and that the "natural" CoG was right around 1.5" behind the sponson heal with no lead added to get it to that point.

Dick Loeb:

"This boat was a blast to drive in at best nasty wind conditions, you would have thought there was no ruff water at all.... The boat tracked perfectly,hanging on its VA CRAFTSMAN turn fin,no jumping in the corners or in the straights, it just ran really well. Its going to be a super BAD AZZ ride for the Gas Sport class. Handleing ,Looks,Speed its almost better than sex... Thanks to Mike for all you do for everyones fun in this Hobby!!! Great boat kits at ML Boatworks"

Dick Tyndall:

"I have to say that this boat will be a winner! I was very impressed with how the boat handled the rough water. It never hopped, never darted, nothing. It went across the water like it was on glass. Dick just needed one of his monster Sport Gas engines in there to get this thing in the mid to high 70's MPH. This is going to be the boat to beat in racing this year. It will be an easy build for those of us who are not use to building boats. All of Mike's kits go together easily without a lot of special tools. One thing that impressed me was the gas tank location. It is very close to where the Center of Gravity is. What this means is that the boat will run the same from when you throw it in the water until after the race is over. Something I found out over 25 years ago. It is certainly not a secret, but something nobody seems to think is important when building a boat. Great job, Mike! Thanks for all that you are doing for our hobby.

Dick Tyndall"

99464 website hits in 2 months 24 days...wowzers! Thanks to all those that have been spreading the word. Word of mouth has been very key over the last 4.5 years and the new website has boosted exposure so incredibly!

Well guys I've done an initial run of ML Boatworks decals as I've already had a few orders. These are 4 and 5 inches in length and they are $7 a pair plus postage. I hope to have pricing info up on my website soon.

Pretty sure I have all of the boat logos as well as windshields Rene.

Yup, he has the NX320 files, and Mike, you will use the Smaller of the windshield templates for that kit. Mike has every logo I have done for my current lineup except the following deck logo..and if anyone needs that I told Mike I could send it to him. its a two layer logo..looks cool too!

20130612_070834_zps10e8b7a1.jpg

Here is the full lineup that Mike and Jeff currently have on file. I am going to try and get the sport hydro windshield decal templates done soon too:

LOGOconglomerate_zpsb2246a50.jpg

Well guys I've done an initial run of ML Boatworks decals as I've already had a few orders. These are 4 and 5 inches in length and they are $7 a pair plus postage. I hope to have pricing info up on my website soon.

They look good Mike!

-Kent

the pics of dick kneeler don't do it or the decals justice. that boat is beautiful in person!!

Well, I need to discuss all that with Glenn. I suspect he will have me do a larger kit, and send that out to him for testing to see if it works. I am sure some things he will know right off the bat will need to change from the .12 to larger versions. We shall see! Mike

Back