ML Boatworks Laser cut Hydroplane framing kit sale!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I would like to offer from 7-16-11 to 8-16-11 a summer sale on all of my Hydroplane frame kits in any scale. This is only on existing drawn kits as I am really short on drawing time right now. Below are the prices shipping in the continental USA. Overseas orders, please contact me via PM to figure out prices and shipping. Thanks, Mike, ML Boatworks, [email protected], (252) 717-6282

1/10th scale, normal price $130 shipped, Sale price $110 shipped

1/8th scale, normal price $160 shipped, Sale price $130 shipped

GAS scale, normal price $190 shipped, Sale price $165 shipped

These prices do not include any sheeting kits I may have for a few of the kits. It is based on my typical frame kits! Tunnel boat kits do not apply to this sale.

Kit list is on my normal sale thread located here:

My link

Is your Gas Scale kit conforming to what Marty S is trying to do with the 1/7 Scale or 1.666 as some call it? Do you have the kit that was done off his OLY Beer Gas boat?

Thanks,

Bill Brandt

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty's Oly is a one off. Jeff Snell will have it available in a Glass version soon. See ya Saterday. John

The Gas scale should be 1/6.667 scale to meet requirments.

.667"?
Seriously?

Now I'm just as much as a scale freak as anyone and probably more picky than most but .667"? Don't you guys think 1/6th is close enough for "toy boats"? I'm not out to bust anyone's chops here just trying to understand the need for taking the scaling to thousandths in decimal points. :blink:

I think it was to get more hulls available so they would not be over the NAMBA legal limit for length (60"). Some like the Thriftway Too are too long at even the current scale limit 1.66.

If it was a true 1/6th scale, a 28.5 foot boat like the 73 Pak and 77 Atlas would be 57" long. I started a 91 Madison in 1/6th years ago and it measured 62.5", way over the limit :eek:

.667"?
Seriously?

Now I'm just as much as a scale freak as anyone and probably more picky than most but .667"? Don't you guys think 1/6th is close enough for "toy boats"? I'm not out to bust anyone's chops here just trying to understand the need for taking the scaling to thousandths in decimal points. :blink:
Don,the Gas Scale turns out to be 20% over 1/8 scale.I agree 1/6.667 is a cumbersome number to deal with,but this class is already set up in the Northwest and is starting to evolve elsewhere.Possibly when the term "Gas Scale" is used,it means 20% over 1/8 scale or 1/6.667.

Harvey

Not all hulls will work at 20% over 1/8 scale. They get real big real quick. Such as the Thriftway II. It ends up being over 60". It is important to check the master hull roster on the http://www.pnwta.org/ website. I believe that Marty's new Bud is 16% to make the correct size.

!cid_DSC_3757.jpg

John- that's true. With the plus or minus 10% rule, the Thriftway Too comes in at 59.95"... It will be a good looking boat when done. It likely wont be completed until this fall. I'm building the wood grain version. Good look tomorrow at twin Lakes! I wont make it. Fred

The GAS scale kits range between 117% and 120% above the 1/8th scale hulls. I do not have the 108 GAS Oly beer frame done as the first person requested. Marty himself requested this frame from me, I just have not had time lately to do any new kits. I have 4-5 kits that need to be done, but working out of town has really limited my drive to come home and draw. Standing in 100 degree sun tends to do that! That is mainly why I requested the sale only be for frames already finished! Thanks guys, Mike

Do you have any timeline at all for the OLY hull? I'm going to build the 82 Gilmore over the winter. Marty has loaned me the OLY plans and I have the jig and cut a few parts. The original builder suggested to me that I move the break an inch further forward so it would pack a little less air. The engine package that Marty settled on has more power than when his Oly was built. I already have the cowling from Jeff Snell.

Also, is the kit based on Roger Newton's plans? Many of Roger's plans were from the early days of scale racing when the motors had far less power than they do now. The breaks in the bottom need to be further forward and the bow blocks lower so they don't pack as much air with the added power so you don't end up with a kite.

Are your designs anhedral/dihedral on the sponsons?

What is the width of the tunnel?

What has been the weight of similar sized completed hulls (without hardware and without cowling)? A lot of the gas scales I've seen (and I raced some of Marty's boats) are coming out pretty heavy which is hurting the performance. I think a lot people have had the idea that since they were about 20% larger, all the materials needed to ramped up as well. I don't really think that is true. If I end up building my own I am going to use the exact same weight of materials I would to build an 1/8th scale to keep it light (and fast). If I order a hull from you can I request that the pieces be the same that you would cut for an 1/8th scale (maybe that's what you already do)?

Thanks for doing all these kits. It's a big help to get more people involved in scale racing.

Sorry for all the questions but I am intersted in getting one of your kits, Mike

Hi Mike, if you would like, please give me a call so we can discuss all of the above. The 1/8th scale version I have is the most highly modified frame I have done. I worked with the current IMPBA SAW fe scale and Nitro 2 lap oval record holder to correct the sponsons, break, air trap, etc. I always use similar thickness materials to the 1/8th scale frames on the gas stuff. The 108 is actually special tho, as 5ply 3/32" ply was used almost exclusively except for the transom and sponson heal. The weight, we have found on all these wood frames have been very favorable vs. Glass hulls, and as old school racers will tell you, wood boats will run better due to less flex. Anyways, I am rambling, my number is (252) 717-6282. Feel free to call, or anyone having questions please do so! Thanks, Mike

The moderator should come in here and clean this up then move it to the for sale section.

play nice ladies - you are both pretty!

The moderator should come in here and clean this up then move it to the for sale section.

play nice ladies - you are both pretty!
This thread has been cleaned up (edited).

The moderators are not babysitters.

HJ- you need to cool it man. If you're not fighting with misshydro you're stepping on spoonefcrx threads after you've been asked not to. FYI- you are treading on thin ice and there will be no further warnings.

Before I buy another one of mike's fabulous t6 Frame Kits i had a couple of questions to you guys.

Has anyone the color codes of the new 2011 U-5 graham trucking?

Pictures would also be nice!

someone has already made ​​decals for this boat?

Many thanks juergen

I might be able to find out the paint codes as I am friends with Scott Liddycoat who drives for the race team. Decals, I am not sure tho! Mike

Hi, I have a thread in the manufacter forum, but felt this would hit more of the scale croud. A lot of guys wait for sale times, so I wanted to make sure they knew. Mike

If this is a for sale post then shouldn't it be in the MFG or For Sale forums?

Paul. It might look like a for sale thread but mike was just trying to spread the word thru the scale thread. I don't see anything wrong with the thread he's just spreading the word around. Keep in mind he did add a link to the sale thread on his 1st post.

Julian

Thank you Julian, that was very kind of you to view it this way, as that was what was intended. Mike

Latest posts

Back