ML BOATWORKS LASER CUT 1/10th, 1/8th, GAS Scale Wood Unlimited Hydroplane Framing Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered making the CAD cutting sheets available to purchase, for people outside of the US who have access to laser cutting locally?

The biggest problem with 1/8 scale here in Australia, is the frightening cost of shipping anything large like a 1/8 scale hydroplane hull from the US.
Hey Tim,

My Winston Lobster (big one) arrived safe and sound in Perth today. I can say Mike does some fantastic work and his price was very reasonable.

My intention is to order some more shortly (I can't define "shortly" at the moment though). You are more than welcome to tack one in on my next order if you are interested (I can get it from Perth to Sydney easily enough for you mate).

Mike,

Great work mate, I am extremely impressed with the quality and fit, I have been out in the workshop dry fitting parts. Man o man, they are extremely well thought out and fit like a glove. I really like the interlocking design traits. There is definately some built in strength to it the way it goes together.

Thanks again, I can't wait to place my next order.

Keep up the great work

Johno

Have you considered making the CAD cutting sheets available to purchase, for people outside of the US who have access to laser cutting locally?

The biggest problem with 1/8 scale here in Australia, is the frightening cost of shipping anything large like a 1/8 scale hydroplane hull from the US.
Hey Tim,

My Winston Lobster (big one) arrived safe and sound in Perth today. I can say Mike does some fantastic work and his price was very reasonable.

My intention is to order some more shortly (I can't define "shortly" at the moment though). You are more than welcome to tack one in on my next order if you are interested (I can get it from Perth to Sydney easily enough for you mate).

Johno

Hey Johno!

I ended up getting one of Mike's kits as part of a group buy with a few other Sydney locals to keep the shipping reasonable. Got myself the HTM B) I do love the Roundnoses!

Thanks for the offer mate - we still need to catch up for a beer or 3 next time you are in town!

Any chance the 8303 Renault will be available in 1/10 scale??????? :D :D :D :D :D

My 1/8 scale is almost done.

Buddy

You don't like that Renault do you?? haha. Im sure I can help you out with a 1/10th scale version. I am trying to get a bunch of GAS frames done right now so there are more options, and I am fitting in 1/10th scale frames just the same. Just give me some time! Thanks, Mike

Your frame kit made this the easiest scale I have built. When you get a 1/10 scale we are going to make it the "EDGE" so we will have both versions of the boat.

Here is my scale. I didn't take any picts while building but its almost done.

Awesome! That was fast. Keep some pics posted, and thanks for the kind words. I will let you know when I get caught up on CAD. Mike

7931 Gas kit now done, and I added a link in the first post with the complete list on a Microsoft word document file for easy downloading!

I know, but I like to discuss the kits with the buyer, find out what all they need, and go from there. I try to give discounts to return customers, and orders of more than one frame set at a time get discounts, so I like to make buyers aware of that. Guess it keeps things more personable! Mike

Phil, its plan 107.

If u have the 128 plans, send them over and I will make it happen! Mike

1/8TH SCALE 8012- '80 budweiser humpback frame has been fully updated with toy tabs, sponsons completely redone to match the design of the full size hull (inside sponson is 2 angle, outside sponson is 3 angle), break point changed, belly pan added. Really nice kit! Gas version of it next. Mike

Wow, who pinned the thread? Thanks whoever it was! Mike

Bud Humpback GAS frame kit is now finished! Mike

Glenn, all I would need are some ideas and rough dimensions!
Awesome! Give me a bit of time (I'm moving into a new house right now) and I will put some ideas together for you. I don't know that the sport 12 will ever be a huge seller for you, but the are NO really suitable hulls anywhere right now...your boats may be the one that sets the standard for everyone else to follow!

Thanks!

GQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back