ML Boats 8255 Scale pix's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Muro

Supporting Member
As requested here some pictures of my ML Boats scale FE, All I can say is Mike is a true craftsman and designer, This boat is so easy to drive and the thought behind the design for electrics is great. He really did his homework. Kudos to you Mike. Here are some pictures as request from some. Enjoy Jerry

DSC_0051 2.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.JPG

Ok...thank you! Have always liked that design and scheme...

Building one of Mike's Q hydros now...might be interested in doing an 1/8 scale. Watched John Finch and Don Ferrette run thier 1/8 scalers(FE's) at our last dist. race...very cool!!!

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am looking into that as well,really wish they was a class that was ran though sucks building a boat testing and setting up to sit on a shelf. Only one with a Q is Pags. But I still have a bug to build one. It is no rush and that will make it nice no pressure to have it done in time. When it is done its done. Gather parts now, on the list from Dick already have a motor, need a ESC and hardware but I will get it together. Can you share your pictures and your set up? Jerry

Jerry, no pics yet...just doing some framing so far... I will be using a 1527 1Y and a Castle Ice 240 (marine)...so, not too far away from your 1/8 scale setup eccept I will be using 6S2P (of course)...

Your 1/8 scaler is only about 3 1/2"- 4" longer than the Q I am building (ML GP 400)...

Yep, also on the waiting list for a VA Craftman fin....totally worth the wait!! Dick is a great guy...very mellow...

-Kent

Nice looking FE Scale,...Was there a known issue with handling that you decided to off centerline the drive ?...Im planning on building a M&L scale soon as I get my GP400 done and was wondering about this .....DJ

Nice looking FE Scale,...Was there a known issue with handling that you decided to off centerline the drive ?...Im planning on building a M&L scale soon as I get my GP400 done and was wondering about this .....DJ
There are no handling issues with the ML scales, and the drive in that boat isn't really "offset". It appears to be moved way to one side because the cowling is offset like the real boat was (actually mirror imaged as we run in the opposite direction of the real boats). If you look at the 3rd pic from the left and sight a line from a point centered between the inside vertical sides of the front sponsons parallel to the radio box lid line you'll see what I mean.
default_smile.png

Yes I am looking into that as well,really wish they was a class that was ran though sucks building a boat testing and setting up to sit on a shelf. Only one with a Q is Pags. But I still have a bug to build one. It is no rush and that will make it nice no pressure to have it done in time. When it is done its done. Gather parts now, on the list from Dick already have a motor, need a ESC and hardware but I will get it together. Can you share your pictures and your set up? Jerry
Jerry, If you're in NAMBA 1, Come down and run with us in IMPBA 12 one weekend. We run it all and we're not too far away for a weekend race. And bring Pags with you.

Mike definatly going to make some out of district races this year, I will try and brings Pags and Twaits with me. Going to race electric and gas this year. Have my hands full. Do you guys race Q sport hydro. really want to build one of Mikes unfortunately no one in this district runs one only Pags. Gathering all my parts easier on the wallet that way.

Cool Jerry...yes, bring Pags and Doug (and whoever else) with you...

We are running Q...not sure if we will have enough Q Sport hydros to make a seperate class (FE) or combined with nitro...either is fine with me...actually like the combined classes better myself...

We also have a B Sport hydro class (FE and nitro combined)...B hydro is basically just riggers now...

Plenty of gas classes...there was a sudden interest in running gas riggers again last year...may be more this season!

What Kent said Jerry. We run allot of combined Nitro/FE classes including Sport 40/Q Sport Hydro. We do have a few rules for the combined Nitro/FE classes to even out the advantages the FE boats have. Some might feel it's not optimal but everyone gets to run and we've been doing it successfully for four years now. We also the full array of gas classes. If you click on the Capitol Club web site in my signature, you can find all the classes and tentative race dates for this year. There may be some minor adjustments but everything should be finalized in a few weeks once our winter meeting takes place. Doug came down for a race the year before last and we enjoyed having him. Tell him we have a few electric riggers now that will give him a run for his money.

A few of us have been talking about coming up for a NAMBA 1 race for a few years. We couldn't make it work last year but when our schedule get's finalized, we'll look at your schedule and see what we can work out. I'm like you in that I like to run FE and Gas boats.

There are no handling issues with the ML scales, and the drive in that boat isn't really "offset". It appears to be moved way to one side because the cowling is offset like the real boat was (actually mirror imaged as we run in the opposite direction of the real boats). If you look at the 3rd pic from the left and sight a line from a point centered between the inside vertical sides of the front sponsons parallel to the radio box lid line you'll see what I mean.
default_smile.png
Don, tks I see it now...I didnt notice how the cowl was offset.... a true "duh" moment on me .....
default_smile.png
DJ

Looks good Jerry!

DJ, glad you made it over to IW from OSE. The guys that posted above are all our District 12 friends. Good people just like yourself.

Mike

Back