Miss Vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

3 questions.

Is there more than one generation of Miss Vegas. If so how many generations and what were the changes ?

In the rtr class how does the proboat .18 compete against the Miss Vegas ? in other words which one is best and the fastest ?

How many changes can you make to the boat and still run in the stock rtr class ?

Thank you

Richard

3 questions.Is there more than one generation of Miss Vegas. If so how many generations and what were the changes ?
There is at least two (only two to my knowledge). They went from a harder metal strut to an aluminum strut. The flex collet went from a brass one that wears out fast to a steal one that is hard to get the cable out of. The cable went from 130 to 150 diameter. The turn fin went from one that pointed straight down, to one that mirrored a design Kelly Miller from Wichita came up with from the original one (it is cupped inward at the bottom now)...I think the header was a quarter inch shorter, or something like that, because the pipe was kind of sandwiched on the first version. That is all I can think of now...will edit in more if I think of more.

In the rtr class how does the proboat .18 compete against the Miss Vegas ? in other words which one is best and the fastest ?
The miss vegas is faster out of the box.

How many changes can you make to the boat and still run in the stock rtr class ?
There is not really an RTR class yet. They have put out some temp rules that we are supposed to test for a year...but it is really up to the local clubs what they are going to allow for the class. Where I have run, we were allowed to cut the fake air inlets in the cowl open to allow some air flow..change out the turn fin, and change out the prop. Other than that, it was pretty much just sanding stuff (bottom of hull, sharpen strut, sharpen rudder, etc). FYI: I am in an IMPBA area...other areas might differ a lot.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard,

There is only one Miss Vegas but changes were made to the boat to make it stronger and handle better as soon as we could. Truth is changes were being tested before the boat was first released.

For some reason bunches of people started calling it the V1 and V2.. Really there is only one. Sean…Just so you know the new fin was designed and tested before the first shipment we just were not able to get the parts changed for the first shipment.

The changes were:

Strut and strut bushing

Two bolt rudder system

Turnfin

Flex collet

.125" to a .150" shaft

Heaver spring on the fuel tank

There you have it..

If you find a boat with a cast brass strut (this is the easiest way to tell) its from the first shipment.. Boats with the aluminum strut are boats after the first shipment.

Enjoy

Grimracer

Richard as for my personal experience with proboat vs vegas, I am in the process of selling my proboats now and just ordered a new vegas today. I believe the vegas is a lot more stable on the water, you have a better chance of recovery in the vegas if you get knocked off plane, and they're faster than the proboat. The only time my proboat was fast is when I had an Aquacraft motor in it and, you have alot more working room in the vegas. I believe the one good thing about proboat was the looks, It has the real hydroplane look to them. But whichever you choose, Good Luck!

Flat out the Vegas, will out run and out preform the pro-boat, in everyway!! and you just do a few simple mod's to the vegas strut so you can raise it up a bit more and use a ballanced and sharpened metal prop, and you have a racer!!

Flat out the Vegas, will out run and out preform the pro-boat, in everyway!! and you just do a few simple mod's to the vegas strut so you can raise it up a bit more and use a ballanced and sharpened metal prop, and you have a racer!!
Great. Thanks guys for all your responses. Here is my input, I hope as the more get interested in the class and the class grows, the class will be divided into 2 divisions. Bone Stock and Modified. It is only natural for us to want to make the boats faster. But the stock out of the box class should be kept for the newbies and the kids are modelers also class. I think this is a great intro class into model boating and should be preserved for this reason.

I also feel that with Jerry and Grim doing the designs and upgrades this is a hands down top shelf preformer and the perfect boat for mods.

This is my 2 cents and as always thanks to everyone for their responses.

Richard in Denver.

They going to drop the price on the super vee nitro to? watched them run down here very impressive we get alot of rough water in florida so thinking of getting that for the wife. Robert

Latest posts

Back