miss vegas servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

a newbie queation? do most of you guys use the the stock servos or upgrade them . all rtr's that i've had in the past come with cheap servos . are the aquacraft sx 100's strong enough to do the job .

If not what would be a better upgrade?

a newbie queation? do most of you guys use the the stock servos or upgrade them . all rtr's that i've had in the past come with cheap servos . are the aquacraft sx 100's strong enough to do the job .If not what would be a better upgrade?
Ive been racing my miss Vegas for 2 years with the stock radio equiptment that came with the boat...absolutly NO problems whatsoever so far...im not changing a thing till something shows signs of going south......the tx, rx, and servos look like Futaba stuff to me...if its not, somebody did a heck of a job copying it!

I agree with Bill about the servos but after every heat i open the radio box let it dry out just in case lol

Yes sir bill, aqua radio equipment is made by futaba.

Dont fix it till its broke..lol..

Alden

i have even gone as far as to put my aqu servos and radio gear in other boats in a pinch! keep them dry though!!!

I have been using the AQ servos for years with no problems. I did change out the receiver and transmitter to something programmable. Only to have more freq options and now I only need one transmitter when I take my fleet to the lake. The only weak spot I have found in the Vegas radio system is the switch.

DonB

I have been using the AQ servos for years with no problems. I did change out the receiver and transmitter to something programmable. Only to have more freq options and now I only need one transmitter when I take my fleet to the lake. The only weak spot I have found in the Vegas radio system is the switch.
DonB
Don i havent any problems with mine yet...but im kinda surprised that i havent! I think the first time i do ill be going to a quick switch mount!

DonB
Don i havent any problems with mine yet...but im kinda surprised that i havent! I think the first time i do ill be going to a quick switch mount!
The problem with the switch is the little rubber shield that covers it. After it is used a few times it will leak then water will get into the switch, then most of you know whats happends next. I replaced mine with a quick mount like I run on all my other boats.

DonB

if your worried about water in the switch (anywhere actually), a little spray of Corrosion X or Corrosion Block (for us in Canada) will prevent any problem.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
DonB
The problem with the switch is the little rubber shield that covers it. After it is used a few times it will leak then water will get into the switch, then most of you know whats happends next. I replaced mine with a quick mount like I run on all my other boats.

DonB
Yep! im with ya...thats the way to go!

what is the quick switch all about, could you put up pic on that.
I use a DU-BRO Quick Switch Mount (Part Number 203) and mount a regular Futaba switch on it. You can find them in almost any hobby shop or from Tower Hobbies for $3.49 US.

DonB

Back