Miss vagas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be nice. We tried running my brother's today and just can't do anything with it. Can I ask if you've done anything to the your boat or is this stock?

The hull is stock .I put a grim fin on .The engine is moded and the prop is a y 535 two blade.The engine is the auq 18.The big thing is just set up.Have to experiment with that.

I've tried moving the strut up/down and various angles and aobut the only difference we can get is the boat will hop a little bit in the turns, otherwise it runs flat and fairly slow. Everything is stock minus the Grim prop on it. Gonna try some 50% nitro and pick up a water-cooled header, hopefully that will aid a little bit on getting this thing running good.

Put your strut back at a nuteral setting then kick it out a little you see big different dont raise it kick it out from nuteral which be on a angle up.

chris,,, im gonna give you a little tip right now....i noticed this in the hull i bought from you.....

drive the boat in a straight line and trim the rudder so the hull go's perfectly straight with no input from the driver....bring the hull back to you.... pull it out.... (here is where you were having most of your scrubbed speed on the hull i got from you)

check to make sure the rudder is perfectly straight.... if you have to trim the rudder left or right your turn fin is not in a striaght line with the hull....this scrubs more speed than you can think...the fin on the hull i got from you was way bent out of shape due to the un-even mounting on the back of the sponson....

lay a long straight edge against the fin and make sure the fin is straight/squared with the inside line of the sponson... ;) .... you will be much better off for sure.... ran a x438 the other day and it seemed to like it...keep in mind i have the mod motor in there...

like stated,,,set up is very crucial to the running of a hull... every detail has to be gone over and not over looked...

strut must be perfect 90* to the hull ,,,same with rudder...

alden

I'll check into, seems like my brother was saying something about trimming the rudder, so I need to check on the turn fin situation then

I'll check into, seems like my brother was saying something about trimming the rudder, so I need to check on the turn fin situation then

chris,,, im sure all of the hulls are not flat where the bracket mounts... with the turn fin twisted,, it acts like a rudder,, causing you to trim the rudder to get the hull to track straight... so you are working two surfaces against each other...make about as much drag as if you were to hold the rudder flat across the transom and run it....well maybe not that much,, but i think you get the point... :) ..

anything helps as the hull is just to large for the aqua .18,,,imo...i was having trouble wrapping my head around a vegas being slower than a sv-27,,,as the hydro is a better hull for speeds... but when i actually looked at it,, it all made sense,, the power to wieght/size is just un-comparable.....

alden

I thought an 18 seemed awfully small for that size hull, a good 21 would be more ideally suited IMO.

ok an 18 that comes with the vagas stock is to small.But there cheap so by a few and practice moding them.mines ok fast most of my work is the set up .Ride pads square and flat strut ruder and tun fin all true to the boat.I cant take a box stock boat and make it run this good and smoth just takes time both my vagas are differnt.just make sure all hard were is true to the bottom and you will be ok.

hey brother theirs a couple of .18's out their that will be better for the vegas. the 21's r cool but r bigger and weight alot more. you dont want to add weight to the boat.

hey brother theirs a couple of .18's out their that will be better for the vegas. the 21's r cool but r bigger and weight alot more. you dont want to add weight to the boat.

i was just simply saying the hull could have been a little smaller... the mod aqua's i do make the hull run just fine,,, but with out mods power to wieght is way off.....

alden

no,,,no,,,no,,, william,,, i didnt take offense or anything....im with ya,,, proper .18 will make em scream....i do also agree a .21 would be bulky in there....

alden

modding these are awsome! (lord knows if messed enough hulls to know what not to do lol) but gotta remember what these were made for! Robert you should do just fine in the stock class up here with that ride!

Back