• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miss Circus Canard Hull for sale on eBay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont speak too soon Dean Werges had one and it was a rocket would hold ots own in any race water

Its a new learning experience drivomg one.id race ome today if i had one

Yeah, We had Deans dialed in, But I had some experience with them, and that green head definitely had every trick I know in it. Dean was clocked at 59 in the straights at Evansville, But, you have to get used to driving them, The boat would rather pivot than arc. Making it very tough for it to race well on a 5 bouy turn. If you remember, Dean spun the boat twice in qualifiers. In the final he came in second to me, but the water was chopped then and in my favor. Ken

I'm sure it would be quick but the modern scale boats of today are the total package.

I have seen many canards run over the years and none of them could compare to whats racing now.

Tim

I saw one of these at a Warren Michigan race years ago cant remember who had it never ran that well but sure was nice looking Robert

Well, I made a $600 offer without the motor and radio and won it, and with my fedex shipping account, the shipping will not be bad either. What the heck, its a good looking boat, and with all the people that have asked me to finish the circus canard plans, maybe having this hull in front of me will help me get it done! I am going to set it up for FE tho. Mostly just for a fun running hull, and to look at! Mike

Well, I made a $600 offer without the motor and radio and won it, and with my fedex shipping account, the shipping will not be bad either. What the heck, its a good looking boat, and with all the people that have asked me to finish the circus canard plans, maybe having this hull in front of me will help me get it done! I am going to set it up for FE tho. Mostly just for a fun running hull, and to look at! Mike
The one thing about Mike converting it to FE is when he does finally get the CG and set up right it won't change like a nitro version does when burning off fuel. ;)

I will probably throw an x440 on it and cruise around at 35mph. Definately no plans to race this. It is a very clean build, and will be a very cool show piece. Looks to be build very well!

Scott Jones had a fritz boat also, Man that guy would get me when he would cut bouy 2 on the first lap. I think he was the main reason for the bouy cut rule being a lap penalty. I think Maglinger had one wood boat. It was his oldest one.
Yes a wooden one built in 1981 and two fritz canards. We still have them all, I believe you will see more Canards this race season
default_smile.png

The one thing about Mike converting it to FE is when he does finally get the CG and set up right it won't change like a nitro version does when burning off fuel.
wink.png
Don,

A properly set up Nitro Hull has the fuel load 4-5% ahead of the CG..., so when the boat loses the weight, the prop weight and 'hook-up' is as good or better... the boat only gets faster as the heat progresses... Ask me how I know... :) These boats are tons of fun, but it really takes 'backwards thinking' to get them tuned properly. I have Bruce's last running 1/8th Scale. It's a modified Fritz hull, one of the originals that he got after providing the plug to Fritz, and then tweaking. I'm told he won many races with it. I also have a brand new un-drilled Fritz lay-up hull. Fun in the bank for some day in the future....

FE power would be tons of fun!

DJ

I had to add a P.S. - I would love to run any 1/8th Scale in the Roughest/Windiest conditions (Well, maybe not the Rigger Pak :)). The answer in rough water is to put weight on the CG, and go watch the other conventionals, 'Fly-Away' as they try to catch you. Canards run best with BIG props. BIG props hook up well in rough water... Fun, Fun, Fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back