Mini shocks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Fleury

Does anyone know where I can order mini shocks that go between the turn fin and hull on a scale hydroplane?

I guess I could use turn buckles, but if you look at the actual unlimited, they use shocks.

They use very robust turnbuckels. Shocks would allow for movement, which would certainly cause handling issues and promote failures due to fatigue.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dubro turnbuckles work good on 1/8 Scale.I have larger custom machined ones on my Gas Scale.

Harvey

You will probably have to make the bracket(s) your self. You can use extruded aluminum, just cut it to length and drill as needed to make the hull side end. With the fin end bracket, you are on your own as to how you want to design it. If someone has pictures of the inner side of one of the full sized boat fins, that would probably be of help to you

Todd,I don't know where you are,but the T-6 Gas Scale will be at the Evansville,Little Thunder race this weekend.If you are not going to be there,send me your e-mail,and I'll try to send you a photo.I have not figured out how to post a photo on IW.The 1/8 Scale fin and brackets are custom machine shop work except for the turnbuckles.The Gas Scale is all custom machine shop.

Harvey

I am in California. Photos would be awesome! I'll just have everything sent through a CNC machine.

Back