metal fuel tanks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobychev

I am thinking of making my own fuel tanks, 12/16oz (for Nitro), is copper OK ,as i can get that easily

.and does anyone know what kind and how many baffles are usually put in .

thanks

Graham

No good for Copper tin because it will become rust :green mold dirt from mix nitro fuel ( acid) & damp

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay away from copper, best way to make one is in stainless no rust no worries.

I have used the K&S tin sheet to make fuel tanks. It soldered nicely but I have no idea whether it is rusting on the inisde. The early Associated RC200/300 pan cars came with a tin fuel tank that you assemble. I still have those cars and the fuel tanks look fine on the outside after this many years.

Graham,

You are/or would get SO MUCH MORE then just the information on how to build a tank.

Metime is THE PLACE for performance RC boating.

Interviews

race coverage

and now

Friday night live..

So much more..................

Keep us posted and welcome aboard!

Grim

you can become a member of metime for 1 buck, then you can watch the video Grimm did and all your questions will be answerd
I think that deal is no longer offered. I jumped on that several months ago, but will renew at full price. The live weekend race coverage is awesome. I wish the SCCA had this for their National Solo events, but they don't.

Graham,

You are/or would get SO MUCH MORE then just the information on how to build a tank.

Metime is THE PLACE for performance RC boating.

Interviews

race coverage

and now

Friday night live..

So much more..................

Keep us posted and welcome aboard!

Grim

Just logged in on metime....and watched the metal fuel tank topic.

Thanks Doug and thanks GRIM........

Ronald.

Thanks guys for the kind words, we really try hard to bring you things that will be beneficial to the hobby.

Now to answer few ?'s

The $1 deal was when we first launched the new website and the cost now is $25 for one year.

Not only do you get the metal fuel tank vid to watch for that price, you also get all videos that we have produced in the last years. Plus any races and Friday shows we do for 365 days. We are planning at least 8+ events to broadcast this year covering all three power sources including the NAMBA FE Nats.

The first show we did is just a starter, many more topics to come, and all areas of this wonderful hobby. We try not to cater to any one side so you will see gas , nitro, and FE. Also anything anyone wants to do a show on, we can do it with a little support from you guys. I still feel we are new to this hobby and have a whole whole lot to learn, and I am ready.

BONUS: don't tell anyone :D . . . . . the archives from 2009 and past are available for registered members to view, no premium membership needed unless you want to watch the shows and live events from 2010

Graham, register and check out our previous events and see if it is worth the money. I hope you will like what you see :) . www.metimeliverc.com

Latest posts

Back