Mark Grim does 130 MPH!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott bouchie

This morning Mark Grim went 129.3 and a back-up of 123 somthing for a new namba record of 126 and change.The boat was a bit tail high so he adjusted the strut a bit and ran a 130.3 1 way pass!!!! WOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning Mark Grim went 129.3 and a back-up of 123 somthing for a new namba record of 126 and change.The boat was a bit tail high so he adjusted the strut a bit and ran a 130.3 1 way pass!!!! WOW!

NICE!! Way to go MARK!! That's a FAST Nitro boat!!

The A, B, C, or X boat???

Almost all his boats are capable of that speed..... with his Magic Touch.... :eek:

Ok, maybe not the A boat... it'll only do a buck-ten....

AWESOME JOB Mark!

DJ

Legg Lake ??

Smoking fast Mark, congrats !!!!!

Andy

It was "X" hydro at Legg Lake & I was lucky enough to be there & see it! :D

The best part is there is more to come in November ;)

Don :)

I'm a little puzzled as to why there has hot been more posts about the fact that a nitro boat has reached the 130 mph zone??? :huh: Afterall there is only one boat in all the world that is faster, and it is electric at 140mph.

I know there are more than 5 of us who have a "thing" for SAW speed. <_<

Don,

You Amigos are AMAZING. Congrats to your whole group of SPEED FREAKS.

VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE MARK,DON,SCOTT,

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

To be honest Don,

When I first say the thread title I thought it meant to read "$1.30 Bouys" in reference to a cheap place to buy orange bouys. Perhaps a change the title to "Mark Grim does 130 MPH" and then watch the responses. Although I have seen Mark's boats run 120, 130 must have been blistering quick. Can't wait till November.

Tyler G

Congratulations Mark, DAT'S QUICK.

Whats the saying? It takes 20 years of work to become an overnight success.

You did well. :) Charles

I'm a little puzzled as to why there has hot been more posts about the fact that a nitro boat has reached the 130 mph zone??? :huh: Afterall there is only one boat in all the world that is faster, and it is electric at 140mph.I know there are more than 5 of us who have a "thing" for SAW speed. <_<

Don or Mark,

Any details about the boat that you could share - ie Engine, prop, hull, fuel, etc.? Photos would be great as well. Great achievement!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

"When I first say the thread title I thought it meant to read "$1.30 Bouys"

Too funny but not all that far off. I went & edited the title to give Mark a brighter spotlight, hope Scott doesn't mind. :D

Congrats to Mark, a SUPER job!!! Like Preston said, that is SMOKIN' FAST!! B)

Congrats on the speed Mark.. Still watch the run you made back in 06 every now and then.. Fast boats...

Bet Chris was smile'n ear to ear..

That's a real accomplishment! While FE boats enjoy a constant improvement in power - new and more powerful batteries almost every year - Mark and his fellows are stuck using the same old fuel from the 1960s. Well, not quite that bad, but clearly Mark's steady rise in speed has been due to his knowledgeable refinements in hull design, prop work and motor tuning rather than yearly increases in available power. Tiny increments at a time, but over a few years the difference is amazing. Congratulations Mark! :D

I'm a little puzzled as to why there has hot been more posts about the fact that a nitro boat has reached the 130 mph zone??? :huh: Afterall there is only one boat in all the world that is faster, and it is electric at 140mph.I know there are more than 5 of us who have a "thing" for SAW speed. <_<

Thats a pretty ELITE crowd he joined- what's that make him, one of the top 2-3 fastest SAWS Racers in the WORLD !!!!

Great Job once again B) Hey Mark, Have your hands stopped shaking yet ?? ;)

Andy

Back