Machine Shop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Christy

Guys,

As some of you know, I'm in the (very slow) process of starting a machine shop. I've got a Hardinge HLV-EM Super Precision toolroom lathe in my garage, on which I've been making a few parts here and there, mostly secondary work for other shops in town. I'd like to be doing alot more work (at home) than I am, and try and move into primary work. So I had a thought............

I wonder if anybody out there would be interested in doing some "sales" for me on the side. I know there are a bunch of guys on here that have varying degrees of exposure to the trade, and I thought I'd try and tap into that. Maybe you're a retired toolmaker (or something such) that is still in contact with buyers from the various sectors. Maybe you own a shop yourself and would like an affordable sorce for getting overflow work done. Maybe any number of things........

I've been doing work for alot of you for a while now, catering to the hobby, along with supporting my own involvement in it. This is all well and good, and I will continue to do so, but it won't support a living, and that's what I intend to do (eventually). I hope my work so far has spoken for itself. I'm more than capable of doing the work, it's just the business side of it I'm a little short on.

I just thought I'd throw this out there and see what happens. If anybody has any input (on topic), feel free to chime in. If anybody has any interest, contact me directly at titan-racing (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net.

Thanks. Brad.

Model Machine & Precision

Last edited by a moderator:
Back