Mac 45 conrod question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Knight

Supporting Member
I replaced the bearings in my Mac 45 and didn't take note of which way around the conrod goes. Does the notch in the bottom end go against the crank or the drum?

I replaced the bearings in my Mac 45 and didn't take note of which way around the conrod goes. Does the notch in the bottom end go against the crank or the drum?
Intake
Well it probaly dont matter, I know the longside of the piston and the rod notch is towrd the exhust on all that I have seen. If he has not removed the rod from the piston just be sure the piston is installed coreect in the cylinder.

Thanks for the replys. I haven't removed the rod from the piston however the piston doesn't have a long side which is why I asked the question. I vaguely remember looking in the exhaust port and not seeing the hollow end of the wrist pin which would put the notch on the exhaust side like Phil said.

Thanks for the replys. I haven't removed the rod from the piston however the piston doesn't have a long side which is why I asked the question. I vaguely remember looking in the exhaust port and not seeing the hollow end of the wrist pin which would put the notch on the exhaust side like Phil said.
OK I guess the stock ones were like that, mine have been modded at some time.

Back