• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats Wanted Looking for SGX 90-101 or similar

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate all the comments and recommendations.
Just trying to get more of my family involved with the hobby.
They know it's an expensive hobby like 1/8 scale nitro buggy racing they did for 10 years.

They thought it would be a great hobby to get into, meet great people make new friends and have a blast racing nitro boats.

But, I guess since trying to get in without breaking the bank is.not going to happen as you all suggest then I guess they need to find a different hobby.
Don't give up! As you know we need all the newer and younger boaters we can get.

With Al's new engines and Zipp Kits you can build a 21 or 45 rigger really reasonable. And they are normally the largest classes at most of the races.
Thank you Rich for the suggestions, I spoke with the boys about what was discussed on this thread and they have decided to take a step back and think about getting back into 1/8 nitro buggy racing. A little less expensive and they made alot of new friends racing these three states

Appreciate all the comments and recommendations.
Just trying to get more of my family involved with the hobby.
They know it's an expensive hobby like 1/8 scale nitro buggy racing they did for 10 years.

They thought it would be a great hobby to get into, meet great people make new friends and have a blast racing nitro boats.

But, I guess since trying to get in without breaking the bank is.not going to happen as you all suggest then I guess they need to find a different hobby.
You can get in cheap but just not at the top of the food chain ! Go look at what ready to run toy electric boats run now . If you raced 1/8 scale buggies you had thousands involved . Anyway Mike's boat can win anywhere with a stock 91 and some good props . Props are everything for speed .

Still going to have $500 in the boat with radio paint ,hardware and a tank . Is what it is as they say !😁
Als engine is $385 but you have to buy a carb, make it $485 plus the $100 kit plus shipping. Still need a header,pipe,collet,prop,flex shaft,drive dog,servos,paint,tank,epoxy,etc,etc. I’m thinking $1,100-$1,250ish… for a Jae combo?

Thank you Rich for the suggestions, I spoke with the boys about what was discussed on this thread and they have decided to take a step back and think about getting back into 1/8 nitro buggy racing. A little less expensive and they made alot of new friends racing these three states
I saw a ad with you looking for Crapshooters for your boys. Surely you didn’t tell them they could get one for $350 shipped, possibly? I mention that only off the $350 offer for the SG 90. I’d say they could get into a Jae .45 combo for about what a team 1/8th nitro buggy would cost.

I saw a ad with you looking for Crapshooters for your boys. Surely you didn’t tell them they could get one for $350 shipped, possibly? I mention that only off the $350 offer for the SG 90. I’d say they could get into a Jae .45 combo for about what a team 1/8th nitro buggy would cost.
They knew if they found crapshooters it would be an expensive purchase.
I don't have a clue what his repaired sg is worth, I threw a number out there to see if would negotiate, but apparently not and then everyone chines in to not low ball him.
Well, my bad, I just keep my mouth shut and fingers off the keyboard and let the boys run my boat.

Als engine is $385 but you have to buy a carb, make it $485 plus the $100 kit plus shipping. Still need a header,pipe,collet,prop,flex shaft,drive dog,servos,paint,tank,epoxy,etc,etc. I’m thinking $1,100-$1,250ish… for a Jae combo?
Complete yes , I was more commenting on the boat minus pipe , engine , prop like Mike's boat is setup .

Last edited:
Back