Looking for 1/8 scale Accessories

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailr

Someone out there makes a 1/8 scale Allison engine that is RESIN, not ply and balsa. Somebody also makes steering wheels, dashboards, etc. for scale hydros. HELP! Can't seem to find. Also, somebody makes a vinyl, not resin (aka E. Hansen's) drivers. HELP!

Someone out there makes a 1/8 scale Allison engine that is RESIN, not ply and balsa. Somebody also makes steering wheels, dashboards, etc. for scale hydros. HELP! Can't seem to find. Also, somebody makes a vinyl, not resin (aka E. Hansen's) drivers. HELP!

1. Resin would be HEAVY.

2.I bought a few nice steering wheels from Jeff Campbell in Kent WA.

Good luck,

Glenn

Sailr - e-mail me. I may have what you are looking for. [email protected] Also a good idea to let me know which boat(s) you are doing.

Thanks - Larry K

1. Resin would be HEAVY.

2.I bought a few nice steering wheels from Jeff Campbell in Kent WA.

Good luck,

Glenn
I got an all resin Allison from Try McIntire. Never built it because I scaled it out and the unbuilt weight was 2.2 lbs. Used a kit from Larry Kraemer and built the intake manifolds out of styrene tubing. Weighed 7 oz.

With Larry's kits, they can be lightened up by routing out the back of some of the parts to remove some of the not needed material. With a lot of care and a Dremel tool, the valve covers can be lightened by 50% before installation, not that they weigh a lot to begin with

Back