LMRacing Winter Test Session- KEPS T2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken,

Believe it or not the Pipe has a lot more to do with pulling the plug wire out also.

Head clearance, bowl volume, and pipe settings all play their part in this.

On a 12 motor I would not go any lower than .004" Head Clearance if I was you.

You are correct Ken, more fuel and load will help.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
"You are correct Ken, more fuel and load will help."

Good thing I shared this knowledge with r/c boaters 25 years ago!

Lol Andy I guess we were typing at the same time.
Hey Martin,

No, I actually read the post from you, Mark and Ken all talking about more load and more fuel, then decided to make a comment to act like I knew that stuff 25 years ago....and spent countless hours on the phone for many years explaining the concept to hundreds of r/c boaters.

Many did not believe me...they still wanted to open the head and run .018" head clearance! LOL
default_smile.png

It actually took them a very long time to come around. Now almost everyone is an EXPERT on the subject!
default_smile.png

See you at Valdosta !

I'm pleased you're all still up for sharing your knowledge! Thanks for the comments guys. You've given me some great input and I have an idea of what direction to take at the next test. I'll keep you updated.

Phill

Looking forward to your update!!!

I dont mind sharing what I have found to work or taught.

Ken

Lol Andy I guess we were typing at the same time.
Hey Martin,

No, I actually read the post from you, Mark and Ken all talking about more load and more fuel, then decided to make a comment to act like I knew that stuff 25 years ago....and spent countless hours on the phone for many years explaining the concept to hundreds of r/c boaters.

Many did not believe me...they still wanted to open the head and run .018" head clearance! LOL
default_smile.png

It actually took them a very long time to come around. Now almost everyone is an EXPERT on the subject!
default_smile.png

See you at Valdosta !
Experts LOL , not sure if I was called out on that one or not. See you in Valdosta, look forward to meeting you finally.

Well it's been a little while but here's an update on progress. Have just returned from the 1st iMBRA World Championships in Holland. I had a great week of racing, and came away with a Silver medal in 3.5cc hydro and a Gold medal with 15cc hydro! So really pleased. I actually had to switch to an o.s engine last minute before the champs which was a shame as really wanted to show how good the AA is.

uploadfromtaptalk1471289880563.jpguploadfromtaptalk1471289927886.jpguploadfromtaptalk1471289950862.jpguploadfromtaptalk1471290022390.jpeg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your excellent results Phil!

I was there only during the morning of the finals and some of the afternoon break. I was impressed with the speed of your 21 rigger.

Congrats Phill....One GOLD and one Silver! That is great result.

I was happy to hear that the Andy Brown prepped 1445 pushed your KEPS T2 on to the Podium finish for a Silver!

90 Eagle SG/SGX ~ Total NAVIGA / IMBRA World Championship Domination in 15cc Hydro since 2000....17 years!

Back