List of manufacturers who still make .60 plus marine nitro engines?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyStar

Hi all,

Looks like the availability of .60 plus marine nitro engines are more limited as I see OS doesn't offer a .60 size anymore and I read Picco and one other company (I can't remember) is not making marine nitro engines anymore. Who are the dealers for CMB in the US?

Don

Hi all,

Looks like the availability of .60 plus marine nitro engines are more limited as I see OS doesn't offer a .60 size anymore and I read Picco and one other company (I can't remember) is not making marine nitro engines anymore. Who are the dealers for CMB in the US?

Don
Don,

Picco and CMB who are manufacturing the engines you are looking for. I don't know if Kalistratov is still in the race.

Hi all,

Don
Don,

Picco and CMB who are manufacturing the engines you are looking for. I don't know if Kalistratov is still in the race.
Picco is not making anything over a .45 at this time. Mr. Kalistratov passed away, no more K motors. The CMB green head .67 is an excellent motor and the new AA .67 motor from Al Hobbs will hopefully hit the market sometime in spring or summer of 2010. :)

Problem with the K&B is they are hard to get since MECOA only makes limited runs of an engine and then retools to make something else

Thanks for your feedback guys! I'm liking this forum more and more :)

Okay, so OS and Picco are not options because they don't make .60 size plus engines anymore. What about OPS, Rossi and MAC?

Don: I'm still new to R/C boating. Who is Al Hobbs and who makes this new "AA" .67 motor?

Can someone give me web sites of CMB dealers in the US?

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

Stu Barr is the Major US CMB dealer. He does not have a website, but he can be easily reached at (317) 462-9978 or [email protected] . Several others here are also dealers: Brian Blazer, Chris Woods.

Tony Grinter is the Australian dealer who does have a good website with pics and info here: www.hobbysupplies.com.au

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I had a serious personal matter that took all my attention.

Thanks for your info!

Don

Back