Lightning .12 ready for the water!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
This is my new lightning .12 design. I just finished it up today. After much testing last year of A riggers. This design should prove to be one of the greatest heat racing A riggers to date. :D It has a modified 5 port .12 Novarossi engine under the cowl coupled to an AB pipe.

I have six more hulls that I am building right now. These hulls will be up for sale real soon. Stay tooned for more details.

FinishedLightning12001.jpg

FinishedLightning12002.jpg

FinishedLightning12003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks very nice, I have a .12 bantam that i picked up off of Terminator here on the boards. What cowl is that your running ? how about some pics of the inside if you dont mind. Might hit you up for some advice when the rebuild starts.

looks very nice, I have a .12 bantam that i picked up off of Terminator here on the boards. What cowl is that your running ? how about some pics of the inside if you dont mind. Might hit you up for some advice when the rebuild starts.Thanks: Mike

Mike I made the mold for that cowl. It is to wide for a Bantam. I can give you some great setup tips for the Bantam. I ran one last year and it was fast after I made a couple of changes to it. I will try and take some picture with the cowl off in the morning.

It's lookin fast just sitting there. Nice work Mark. B)

Her is a picture of the engine bay. I am waiting on some 10-32 90* water fitting to clean up the water lines a bit.

Rich I would love to talk to you at the pond. I hope to see you down there this year. We have a blast at are races.

Ligtningcockpit.jpg

Cool Mark!

What are the dimensions on your cowl's base.... (I'll buy one if it'll fit my .12)?

todd

Mark any idea what you will be selling your Riggers for? Also could you use a .15 instead of a .12?

Is the kit going to include the cowl and that motor mount? Nice boat!! I want one!

Thanks for the interest in my Lightning .12 guy's. Yes the hull will come with a cowl and the turnfin spar. It will be completely built except the rear deck will not be glued in place yet. That is so you will have easy access to set up the radio compartment. I will be selling these for $200.00 shipping included or $180.00 shipped with out a cowl.

1 of the six next hulls is already spoken for. So there is only 5 left for sale right now. If any of you would like to reserve one of them. Please contact me at [email protected] for more details.

Mark

Cool Mark!
What are the dimensions on your cowl's base.... (I'll buy one if it'll fit my .12)?

todd

Todd here is a link to a picture of the cowls just after the come out of the mold. http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?act=Se...hlite=Lightning

The untrimmed size is 13" long by 3 3/4" wide. The minimum width the can be trimmed to is 2 1/4" wide. If your tub is at least that wide it should work for you.

Mark
My tub is 2" wide for my .12 engine area length is 9 1/4". Let me know if you come up with something that small.

Thanks Mark - will contact him today.
here i am ..catch me if ya can..lol email me at [email protected] and ill get you fixed up. and btw thanks for the props mark and not the sharp little ones..lol , and that is a killer looking hydro there might have to get me one of them babies.. how much agian for a nice guy like myself?

terry

that is a killer looking hydro there might have to get me one of them babies.. how much agian for a nice guy like myself?
terry
$200.00 X 2 for 1 of them for you! :D JK But wait, that's not all. I'll ship it to you for FREE! :lol: :D :lol:

Marl

This is my new lightning .12 design. I just finished it up today. After much testing last year of A riggers. This design should prove to be one of the greatest heat racing A riggers to date. :D It has a modified 5 port .12 Novarossi engine under the cowl coupled to an AB pipe.
I have six more hulls that I am building right now. These hulls will be up for sale real soon. Stay tooned for more details.

FinishedLightning12001.jpg

FinishedLightning12002.jpg

FinishedLightning12003.jpg
hi mark, that is a great looking boat,really nice on both,inside and out. how fast do you expect to go with it? thanks,mike.

Back