LIFE OF NITRO FUEL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVALTD

Supporting Member
Does anybody have any experience on how long nitro fuel can last without the fuel going bad? Assuming the fuel is sealed good and stored in a cool dark area with no light on it. I had heard from top modelers it can go 5-10years ,if no air or moisture or light gets in the fuel? What I am concerned about is the dissolution of the nitro and methanol percentages over time. The oil usually as no problem. Thanks for the help. ------Dan Mccormick Namba221

Sealed in the dark,.. it will last for years IMO,.. I bought a bottle of odonel65% that the guy sa id had been on the shelf for at least 5 years.. it had gotten a little dark,.. ran great! got it got $5

[SIZE=10.5pt]Most don’t.. but some fuel can go rancid after a few years. Its "best" to use fresh fuel whenever possible. Truth is some can “start” to go south after 18 months or so.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Its best to store you fuel in a temperature stable area.. I bit lower then room temp is best but not super important.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I myself draw the line at 3 years.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grim[/SIZE]

Alcohol is extremely susceptible to humidity!! Nitro and oil not so much but the intrusion of water to fuel degrades quality exponentionaly !! If it's cloudy at all use it to kill fire ants!! I use Red Max 20% to start my Gas Engines on cold days but I get a new quart every year..

Later!!

Pat

Back