Lets talk Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your prop of choice?

• Total voters

Baxter Walton

A lot of ppl do not like to talk props, they often feel like they are giving some thing away when they do. As for me, my feelings are that you still have to drive no matter what. The best prop that I have had on my 20 tunnel was one done for me by Allen Elzer. it was a JG Texas cut with 3.2 pitch if I remember right. next was a 1445/BC and re sized. That was then. with today's motors I don't know where to start, I will work with my good friend Jimmy on that. I like a prop that turns awesome top end and keeps the R's up in the turns. I do some extra things to my motor that enables me to turn props that most motors will not, and I have yet seen anyone do it. So instead of keeping props a secret, I keep that a secret.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baxter, largely depending on motor. I run an X637 on my thunder tiger motors. tongues cut, and just sharpened balanced. On a nova mod motor, I would run a 1440, back cut/bar cut, tongues removed, and reduced. Or a 40/53 reduced with some cup in it. But, that is just me personally.

Octura or Grim

440/3

40/53

40/52

Tim

Baxter, largely depending on motor. I run an X637 on my thunder tiger motors. tongues cut, and just sharpened balanced. On a nova mod motor, I would run a 1440, back cut/bar cut, tongues removed, and reduced. Or a 40/53 reduced with some cup in it. But, that is just me personally.
that 1440 has a lot done to it. I know the basics about props, dont ever want to work them, but I do cup them at the pond when needed.

Baxter, that would be an ABC propeller. Or Grimracer also makes on in the AQU prop line.

the H series are still being used today, and just recently it seems have been alot more visited. But mostly for riggers from what I have seen.

H4 dia reduced and backcut,

Fast yes, Unpredictable is a good description......

Gene ;)

that ABC now that I think about it I had a few of those props, the 40X53 and such. seems like ppl are using those a lot. I never did.

ABC or GR 40x53/2 back cut and de-cupped slightly

ABC1614/3 reduced diameter and back cut.

Octura X442 l/e cut and back cut

Octura 1440 tip cupped

for my sport k&b's, a grim racer 40/53 2 blade & on my cmb mod tunnels, a x-442. the x-442 has the diameter reduced , tongue cut & cupped. jimmy does most of my prop work, baxter. i've had better results with his work than any others i've had done B) .

Latest posts

Back