Lead hydroplane size of micro machines..

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley Maglinger

I remember as a kid back in the 80s someone made little Lead (I think) hydroplanes and we used to have a few. They were like the size of a micro machine. Does anyone remeber these? If so id like to find some. Anyhow, have a kick ass weekend everyone!!

Brad, search Ebay with "Hydroplane Pins" there are a few, used to be lots of them listed on Ebay.

I remember some guy in Wash, was making those and selling them. They had a round pin head for the drivers head. Check with David Newton. Maybe he knows..

Curtis I don't remember them having pins on them, maybe we tore those off bc we would play with them like real hydroplanes. I just remeber looking at them at Washington sq mall in evansvile.

Brad,

A guy in Evansville used to make them. I made several masters for his molds back around 1988. I can't remember his name. He specialized in Indy cars. He would make complete sets of the entire field every year and would sell out.

I have a couple molds and made quite a few myself. Those may have been the ones you saw at the mall show.

Brad,

A guy in Evansville used to make them. I made several masters for his molds back around 1988. I can't remember his name. He specialized in Indy cars. He would make complete sets of the entire field every year and would sell out.

I have a couple molds and made quite a few myself. Those may have been the ones you saw at the mall show.
Yes!!! You are correct. Can you post some pics of yours?!?

I'll have to find them. When I do I'll get some pics for you and bring them to the March meeting.

Back