Kyle Busch lost his license...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

(AP)

STATESVILLE, North Carolina - NASCAR points leader Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days on Tuesday for driving 128 mph on a road close to a day-care center and church in a car worth nearly $400,000. His lawyer said his client was not treated "like any other citizen."

Thought y'all might enjoy.......

This should be good for a joke or 2 or 20 in the pits I would imagine.

Give him hell mtruex....

Seems to be a pattern here, that is, with the Busch Bros. Wasn't Kurt involved in a similar situation back in Phoenix a yr. or so ago when he bowed up on a cop using the old "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" near the track? Hmmmmmmmm.

Here in Canada you would go directly to jail for such and offence. They would impound your $400,000.00 car, yank your licence and only a guy with Kyle's income would be able to pay the fine and afford insurance afterwords. Not only that, depending on the judge he may be made an example of. I don't think they care if you drive fast for a living, just that you don't do it on the streets. Isn't that why they made race tracks in the first place?

Ron

I guess most of the people on here are to young to remember when we Street Raced, for fun and dollars, I got stopped for 125 in a 55 cost me $300.00 + court cost and still had my licence. Was actually drag racing but they did not know that part and was slowing down from 160, in 66 chevelle 396 with a lot of goodies under the hood.

Walt Barney

66 Chevelle With a 454 With Big Tube Open HOOKER Headers. Man those things could play some Music.........Sure would like to hear it again......

Joe,

I wish that I still had that car, right after I sold it I tried to buy it back but the fool crashed and destroyed the car and I never even put a scratch on the car, only drove it in the Summer , when I lived up north, the car never saw salt. it had 56,000 miles on it when I sold in 1974, mostly street races

Walt Barney

Last edited by a moderator:
66 Chevelle With a 454 With Big Tube Open HOOKER Headers. Man those things could play some Music.........Sure would like to hear it again......
Joe you got that right, I'd love to have my '70 LS-6 Chevelle back. Nasty lookin' SS with the azz to back it up. B)

Don't want my first car back as there was nothing special about it. I WANT MY SECOND CAR, A 1980 Turbo Trans Am Bandit edition. Not too many wanted the car with the little 301 so there wasn't many made. I loved it as it was a serious highway cruiser and almost as fuel efficient as my 90 GTA. Score one for the ex-wife :angry:

1978 1979 the Pontiac BANDIT EDITION Trans Am was a 6.6 liter car complete with Shaker Hood. the 6.6 was a Olsmobile engine in a Pontiac. I thought they was fast?? Till we dropped a 100 over 454 Chevy in a T/A... Holy Crap Batman it was a ROCKET!!!!!!

Too bad that NASCAR doesn't require you to have a valid driver's license in order to race! Let's see, that would put him out of part of The Race For The Chase if it was in the rules not to mention the drop in points. NASCAR could always use the Detrimental to the Sport rule but they wouldn't do that to one of their golden boys.......

actually, i want 'barn jr.'s car. '68 stripper 4 dr. plymouth valiant, only factory option was auto trans. radio & heater delete, bench seat, rubber floormats, no sound deadener or carpet. special economy version, started life with a 170 cid slant six, built on a 2 dr. wheelbase. car weighs 2670 lbs. with a 408 small block mopar stroker in it. puts 447 hp to the real wheels on the dyno he kept it low key - steelies, dog dish hub caps, turn down tail pipes, column shift. can you say SLEEPER :ph34r: ............ he's embarassed a lot of "fast cars" with that little grocery getter. my '73 charger is a nice cruiser, no slouch, but his is just brutal.

oh yeah, kyle, what an idiot. talent on the track has nothing to do with stupidity elsewhere.

Ahh! The memories. There are times when I wish I still had my 440 'Cuda. '73 body,'70 Gran Coupe interior, '70 440 six pack bottom end, ported, polished and flow benched '67 closed chamber heads, Edelbrock intake, with an 850 Holley, crane cam and valve train. Dyno'd out at just a bit over 500hp.Coupled to a Built up 727 Torqueflight, with a 3800rpm stall converter. Pretty tame by today's standards, but it could consistantly run High 11's and put daylight under the front tires on launch with 9" M&H Racemaster slicks with 4lbs of air and bead locks. Even more fun on the street terrorizing the street race wanna' be's. :D

that ain't a memory, larry. it's sitting up in my shop next to my charger, keys are in it & he lives 200+ miles away :D

Ahh I love the sound of a well built big block mopar with open headers in the morning!...Almost as much as the sound of a race Hemi going through the traps at 8500rpm,But I'll just have to make do with my Harley and my 2.4 turbo SRT-4 for now. My big twin has 10:1 JE's, ported and flowed heads,and a 2 into1 header. It ain't no crotch rocket, but it's fun and comfortable to ride, and still manages 50mpg on the highway.The SRT-4 is just a run of the mill econobox Neon till the turbo spools up to 20psi boost. :)

don't get me started on crotch rockets, larry. my shop also shelters my '72 kawasaki h-2 750 2 stroke triple. second owner, had it since '77. no, it's not stock either B) . my first memory of a hemi at full song was when my dad took me to the '64 daytona 500, been a mopar & richard petty nut ever since. nothing like a modern ss/ah car today, but still sounded like nothing else on the track that afternoon. ran like nothing else on the track that afternoon, also!!

Robin,

My first street bike was a '71 Mach III 500,2 stroke triple. I don't remember what the letter designation of the 500 was. One of my co workers in the shipyard when I lived in Maine had a '75 750 triple with chrome tuned pipes on it. Both bikes were rockets, but not in the sense of today's crotch rockets, which are nearly street legal road race bikes. My 500 was fast and would wheelie at will for as far as you wanted to ride it with the front wheel in the air, but it didn't handle any thing like a modern sport bike on twisty roads...

Kawasaki Triples

S1 250cc

S2 350cc

H1 Mach III 500cc

H2 Mach IV 750cc also know as the Widowmaker and Hiroshima's Revenge due to many American boys being killed on it. I raced one of these in the mid to late 70's.

Gotta love the bikes, ever want to try a vehicle with real power take a rip on a Hyabusa. Anybody else notice how things seen to slow down at about 300kph on a bike?

Anybody else remember the Water Buffalo? That was a death trap, a blast in a straight line, that noodle frame was death in a corner if you got onto the pipe, would just twist up then toss you over the high side

The RZ 500 was a real downer, I was hoping for a much closer to a 500cc GP bike experience.

I still own an RD350lc, 1981. I've had a string or RD's going back to when I was 16 years old. Also have a ZX6rr in there and some dirtbikes.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the Stroke Triples.......never had one. But I remember when they BLASTED the Streets here. Lord help you if you had it in a wheelie before it hit the pipes completely........

Latest posts

Back