Keeping stainless tank clean! ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Templeton

Need help on how to keep the inside of stainless tank cleaned out and free of any rust over extended time of no use, like maybe a year or more. Any lelp would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Don,

Denatured alcohol.. When you are not using your tank fill it with Denatured alcohol. Cap it and.. well.. that’s it. Flush it out after storage and your ready to go.

Grim

stainless won't rust so if you wash it out good with alcohol let it dry and then cap it off. it should be good to go next season.

Don,
Denatured alcohol.. When you are not using your tank fill it with Denatured alcohol. Cap it and.. well.. that’s it. Flush it out after storage and your ready to go.

Grim
Don,

If it is a true Stainless Steel tank it should not rust, for storage just oil the insides with your favorit oil , Corrosion X , WD-40 or what ever, if you do not fill it with oil do not cap it off, as it will draw moisture

Any questions Call me @ 239-949-7137

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Don,

Grim
Don,

If it is a true Stainless Steel tank it should not rust, for storage just oil the insides with your favorit oil , Corrosion X , WD-40 or what ever, if you do not fill it with oil do not cap it off, as it will draw moisture

Any questions Call me @ 239-949-7137

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Thanks Guys,

Don

To ad to the question, mine isr usted at the inside, how do I get that out? The rust particles clog the fuel line so I switched to an IV bag, but would love to use the tank again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back