Kalistrov Logo?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCUK John

Can anyone describe or show me the logo on a Kalistrov engine.

Do these engines resemble a MERCO in anyway?.

When were Kalistrov engines first produced and when did the cease production?

Thanks

kengine.jpg
Here is what the Kalistratov engines looked like....I believe Mr. K has passed on and there will be no more of these.... My friend Al Hobbs was the importer of these into the US since some time in the later 90's..... They are no Merco thats for sure.....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures - seems that it is not a Kalistrov engine from what I can make out in your attachments.

I need to remove the engine so I will take a picture of this engine's logo and post again later.

Again, my thanks for your replies.

I may have a Kalistratov decal that I got from Al Hobbs but it probably wouldn't photograph well.

Want it? Send me a PM with your name and address.

I think you have a Kraft 61 engine which has a large K on the side I had one in the 70's made in the USA I think and I am sure they were made in a marine version. Google it and there are some pictures on the web.

Ian

I dunno, I had a K-45 and it sure looked like the one in the background.

A forewarning on them. They can only be run using low nitro (usually 20% max) and need a lot of oil content.

I think you have a Kraft 61 engine which has a large K on the side I had one in the 70's made in the USA I think and I am sure they were made in a marine version. Google it and there are some pictures on the web.

Ian
Well Ron!!! The Brits beat you this time. Ian got it right - see http://tech.flygsw.org/kraft61overhaul.htm - the K with the < behind seals it.

Thanks for all replies!!

Also TKU for the oil warning - I run on 20% (16% synthetic and 4% castor)

I said to you Ron that we would meet again on another forum - did not expect it to be here. First visit in a long time!!!!!!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey John, this site is one that I've been a member of the longest, 9 or 10 years now. Yea, I get around just a little! :D

Back