k/b red head pro 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

looking for some one who can convert the pro red head to water cooling...not interested in using the square water cooled head...thanks...bob

looking for some one who can convert the pro red head to water cooling...not interested in using the square water cooled head...thanks...bob
Bob, If you still want to do this conversion PM me with your ideas and maybe I can help you out with something.

Jim

All you need is a air cooled head and a water cooled head off a 8701-2. I know a guy or could do it myself,we cut 3 fins off and slightly enlarge the water cooled haed bolt holes. This makes a more consistent needle and adds a bit of bling to your boat

All you need is a air cooled head and a water cooled head off a 8701-2. I know a guy or could do it myself,we cut 3 fins off and slightly enlarge the water cooled haed bolt holes. This makes a more consistent needle and adds a bit of bling to your boat
I used a 7.5 Rossi water jacket and machined my own head button. I did the conversion a few years back 1999.

Ran a Irwin pipe and put tthe smaller bore carb on. Motor performed well.

thanks for the water jacket conversion idea....did mine today....it was easy to do and clever ...did you use a tuned pipe with your pro 45 ?...if so what pipe did you use ?....bob

a quick and easy conversion would be to machine the fins to allow a spiral brass tube. simalar to a brushless system and add some thermal paste and cover with conformal coating epoxy. would be messy but

mind you i have never had heat problems running a pipe on my 7.5 pro as long as its going fast. hahaha

I ran the gold and red head with pipes for years no problems getting hot, just run a little rich, I used and Irwin pipe and an Anderson 1450 ran in the 60's

Mike

Latest posts

Back