K&B 7.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussieboater

Hi

Just wondering how or what you guys use to oil or greese your flex shaft in the K&B 7.5 , Also looking to buy spare stub and flex shafts if anyone has any

Thanks

Brad

For cable lube I use stp and 5w-50 syntec and mix it 50/50 in a pump oil can to lube the cable every run. Or put a 1oz tank in your boat for a oiling system works great also.

Dave Roach

Chainsaw bar oil is inexpensive and works great. No need to add STP as it is thick enough to stay put but not so thick that it has too much drag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Castrol Marine grease worked into the shaft before running (yes I do actually grease and oil some of my shafts) and then fill with chain lube. Subsequent oiling between heats with whatever I have with me (or borrowed).

I stock Lawless 3.5 and 7.5 flexdrives (as well as the drives themselves) btw.

Email [email protected] or mobile 0412 311 111

Craig

EMS Racing - **** now the disguise is off...

I use Castrol Marine grease worked into the shaft before running (yes I do actually grease and oil some of my shafts) and then fill with chain lube. Subsequent oiling between heats with whatever I have with me (or borrowed).

I stock Lawless 3.5 and 7.5 flexdrives (as well as the drives themselves) btw.

Email [email protected] or mobile 0412 311 111

Craig

EMS Racing - **** now the disguise is off...
Thanks Craig

I will be looking to get spares for my K&B 7.5 in the not to far distant future, i want to rebuild the motor (bearings, piston and sleeve ,flex shaft, stub shaft) and so on so ill give you a call

Thanks

Brad

whatever I have with me (or borrowed).

HAHAHA thats funny :p

And so true!!
Ya know one day I will shock people and be fully prepared....

Just today is not the day :p

Oh and if you are running the pressurised oil feed tank (for you Lawless guys) you need a pretty thick oil or some sort of restriction on the oil line (or switch to gravity feed). Otherwise the oil tank will empty itself far too quickly and when it does empty the pressure feeed to the tank is reduced as the pressure will escape through the tank, causing your boat to go lean.

Back