K/B 7.5 outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some help on flex shaft and prop shaft assembly before next race. My engine seems to be loading up how much of a gap should there be between the thrust washer and the part that screws into the lower unit? Thanks Mike

Mike,

There should not be much of a gap and the shaft should turn smoothly in your hands. It has been my experience these shafts wear quicker than the thrust washers and once excessive side to side "wiggle" room is found, should be replaced. FYI, I have replaced many shafts but never replaced a thrust washer. You may have something else going on.

I had a proplem with the prop shaft loading the motor on a 3.5 K&B ,found that the cable was to long trim some off the cable. if you push it in, it should stay there if it pops out it may be to long of a cable?

When you tighten the shaft assembly into the lower unit, the flex will jam and keep the engine from turning freely if the cable is too long.

Back