• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

JD 29" WOF Tunnel, Servos, & O.S. Water Cooled 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
PRICE REDUCED TO $250

I built this boat 4 years ago to race at Hobart in both 20 Sport Tunnel and Open Tunnel. For Open Tunnel, I removed the O.S. 21, mounted a Nova Rossi 21 on the O.S. lower unit, and ran a cowling with added weight in the nose. It worked fine in 20 Sport Tunnel, not so much in Open Tunnel running against 45 and 67 size tunnels. It was probably in Round 2 or 3 in Open Tunnel that the boat blew off in the back stretch right in front of Dr. Bryan Schmick. Bryan could have used the skeg on his lower unit in surgery. It made the cleanest cut through the mid section of the right sponson. I placed a clear tape bandage over the cut and decided against playing any further with the Big Boys.

The damaged area has been repaired/repainted with just a slightly raised area on the top of the sponson. Much easier to repair a sliced foam sponson that crumpled wood framed or fiberglass.

Since I race my VS1 in NAMBA 20 Stock and I'm making an attempt to reduce my fleet, this boat/servos/engine combination is for sale.

The boat is 29 1/4" in length with a 12" beam. RTR is probably 5 1/2 pounds. It is painted with Rust-O-Leum and trimmed with Mono Kote.

The engine is a water cooled version. I honestly have no idea how much run time it has. The piston sticks tight at the top of the sleeve. The bearings feel smooth, the burn pattern on the top of the piston looks good, there's no pitting on the piston, and there was no rust in the engine. The skeg on the lower unit has been contoured. An Octura M440 is included. I'll even include 2 new K&B 1L glow plugs.

The steering servo is a Futaba S9351 digital, high torque, with metal gears. It's an expensive servo. The throttle servo is a HiTec HS-311. It's an inexpensive servo, but works fine opening/closing the carb.

This is a good running combination. A Truth in Advertising Statement: If this boat/engine were faster than my VS1, air cooled O.S. I'd be racing it not selling it.

PRICE REDUCED TO $250 plus $40 for shipping(in the U.S.) Check or money order.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and look at the pictures.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back