JAE, S pipe, TX21M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, severasl months ago I meet a couple of brand new boaters that had heard about and bought the JAE 12 boat kits. Both of these guys (David and John) are excellent modelers and have flown planes, helicopters and raced cars for a number of years...but had never messed with boats. With basicly no help from me they were able to build the kits according to the plans (and information from the threads here on IW). Well I got to see both of their boats run today. All I can say is HUGE SUCCESS !! David is running one of my Nova's and John is running a HPI (I think) pull start 18, both boats have the hardware they got with the kits, David is running a muffled MACS pipe and a Mark S 1440, John is running a car pipe and a straight out of the bag Grimracer 40X53. Both boats ran awesome! It was a real pleasure watch these guys have such great success on their first try at boating. It was nice not having to go through a lengthy "adjustment" process to get the boats running right. Just a few tweeks of the needle and that's all it took. They have several other friends they have raced cars with come out to the pond and it looks like those guys may have been bit by the .12 bug as well!

Besides getting to watch the guys run their new .12's I was able to run my new S Pipe I received the other day. To say I was impressed is an understgatement! I had played with Bill McGraws original S pipe on my SAW boat a few times in the past, but had never tried it on a heat racing boat. I expected it to be kinda "peaky" and a little picky about exactly what prop it would work with...I did not see that AT ALL today. I was running it on my .21 Texan XL (a .21 boat I designed about the size of a .45 boat to run out here in west Texas where the wind blows!) as I was breaking in one of the new Novarossi TX21M motors. The pipe had very good torque (I was running it a little of the long side, but I didn't have the tools to cut the header with me and I wasn't worried about getting max perfomance out of it as I was breaking in the motor), and turned a ton of RPM! Out of all of the pipes I have ever run (including the ones I build) on a outrigger, this one seems to be the best. I can highly recommend it (and I paid the $66 for it so this is NOT any kind of "sponsor" indorsement).

Speaking of the the new motor, I was VERY happy with it. I always like to run my race motors completely stock so I can honestly tell folks what then can expect with the motor just as it comes out of the box. This motor was VERY easy to run and pulled the boat around with NO problems. Launch was very easy and RPM was crazy.

Great job to the JAE team and to Lynn Cooper/Steve Woods!

Glenn

Friends, severasl months ago I meet a couple of brand new boaters that had heard about and bought the JAE 12 boat kits. Both of these guys (David and John) are excellent modelers and have flown planes, helicopters and raced cars for a number of years...but had never messed with boats. With basicly no help from me they were able to build the kits according to the plans (and information from the threads here on IW). Well I got to see both of their boats run today. All I can say is HUGE SUCCESS !! David is running one of my Nova's and John is running a HPI (I think) pull start 18, both boats have the hardware they got with the kits, David is running a muffled MACS pipe and a Mark S 1440, John is running a car pipe and a straight out of the bag Grimracer 40X53. Both boats ran awesome! It was a real pleasure watch these guys have such great success on their first try at boating. It was nice not having to go through a lengthy "adjustment" process to get the boats running right. Just a few tweeks of the needle and that's all it took. They have several other friends they have raced cars with come out to the pond and it looks like those guys may have been bit by the .12 bug as well!

Besides getting to watch the guys run their new .12's I was able to run my new S Pipe I received the other day. To say I was impressed is an understgatement! I had played with Bill McGraws original S pipe on my SAW boat a few times in the past, but had never tried it on a heat racing boat. I expected it to be kinda "peaky" and a little picky about exactly what prop it would work with...I did not see that AT ALL today. I was running it on my .21 Texan XL (a .21 boat I designed about the size of a .45 boat to run out here in west Texas where the wind blows!) as I was breaking in one of the new Novarossi TX21M motors. The pipe had very good torque (I was running it a little of the long side, but I didn't have the tools to cut the header with me and I wasn't worried about getting max perfomance out of it as I was breaking in the motor), and turned a ton of RPM! Out of all of the pipes I have ever run (including the ones I build) on a outrigger, this one seems to be the best. I can highly recommend it (and I paid the $66 for it so this is NOT any kind of "sponsor" indorsement).

Speaking of the the new motor, I was VERY happy with it. I always like to run my race motors completely stock so I can honestly tell folks what then can expect with the motor just as it comes out of the box. This motor was VERY easy to run and pulled the boat around with NO problems. Launch was very easy and RPM was crazy.

Glenn
Hello Glenn, what are the specs on the TX-21M? Same crankcase as the 5 port? Thanks, Richard D

it's not a quiet pipe though right? what would be the recommend muffler?

no it is not tom.. you don't need one on it to be below the db limit

chris

Chris,

How much for the S-pipe? Does it matter whether or not the engine is a front or rear exhaust when ordering? I have both types of motors I would like to try it on.

THanks,

David

Last edited by a moderator:
no it is not tom.. you don't need one on it to be below the db limit

chris

Chris,

How much for the S-pipe? Does it matter whether or not the engine is a front or rear exhaust when ordering? I have both types of motors I would like to try it on.

THanks,

David
pipes are $60 each plus shipping of $6,and are available in short,for novas and long for mac/valvola. please see the manufactures for sale section

Glenn
Hello Glenn, what are the specs on the TX-21M? Same crankcase as the 5 port? Thanks, Richard D
Hey Richard, it is the same case as the 14mm crank 35 Plus and the TX-21. It has all of the additional machining steps that the 5 port does not.

Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for the kind words! The boat runs great! It's a lot of fun when you can just put gas in it, start it and throw it in the water. :) Thanks again for your assistance.

Wish I had a JAE21FE too. :)

JAW

Back